cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer Saver TS3 info wanted

shadoow
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have a TS3 mounted on a set of standard rails, I'm trying to find out where the pin placement on the hitch head (Binkley) is relative to the space between the rails.

Also, for anyone using the Curt X5 adapter, could you tell me where the pin placement on the hitch is relative to where the adapter mounts to the turnover ball receptacle?
6 REPLIES 6

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
My standard Rails place the TS3 the same as place as the Reese 20K,,,,about 1-1/2" ahead of the rear axle.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Directions that came with your rail kit will tell you where to set the rails. Then just set the hitch down on the rails.
pete
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

shadoow
Explorer
Explorer
JTrac wrote:
This may or may not help you but I bought a BD3 last spring. I had a B&W hitch with their Turnover Ball. I bought the Curt X5 to use with the BD3 but found it sat the hitch about 5" closer to the cab than the B&W. Since I was towing with a short bed 1 ton this was not going to work.

I currently have the B&W turnover ball setup & that's what led me to look into the Curt adapter, or something similar, to use with the TS3. When I eyeballed in the truck bed where the pin would be using the adapter I found the same as you, it would be a few inches farther forward. I have a 2012 chev 3500 long bed so i have the forward room to accommodate this placement, but I would be limited in room between the fiver and tailgate when the tailgate is lowered. Matter of fact, if I used the adapter I could probably not lower the tailgate all the way when hitching/unhitching, especially if the truck is angled to the trailer, & that doesn't work for me.
I bought my truck used & there were some Husky standard rails mounted in the bed at the time. Part of my deal to buy the truck was for the dealer to install a B&W turnover ball frame under the bed. I already had the hitch frame and head assembly I had used on my previous truck. I still have the Husky rails and hardware so instead of using a Curt adapter or something similar I'll just re-install the Husky rails to give me the best pin placement relative to the adapter setup. This is why I was trying to get information for a rail setup as well.

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
This may or may not help you but I bought a BD3 last spring. I had a B&W hitch with their Turnover Ball. I bought the Curt X5 to use with the BD3 but found it sat the hitch about 5" closer to the cab than the B&W. Since I was towing with a short bed 1 ton this was not going to work. There was no way to adjust it and since I had already sold the B&W I had no choice but to get a new truck. Actually, I was already headed that direction as we were a bit close on capacity and I had been considering a dually for a while. I don't have my BD3 in the bed right now but I think the head is pretty well centered between my rails. You might call Aaron at Trailer Saver and see if he can help. He was very helpful when I bought mine.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is 1" rear of center point between rails.

How this helps?

Lakeside

mr176
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is stashed away for the winter, but this photo gives you a pretty good idea

2021 F450 CC Platinum 4x4 6.7 DRW Hensley TS3
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA
2014 Lance 992