cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triangle TR656 tires

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
A Chinese company will be building a tire factory just up the road from me here in North Carolina, Triangle Tyre Company. Lord knows they need the 800+ jobs averaging $56,000 + benefits a year. They make tires for autos, light truck, Off Road vehicles, and a bunch more.
Looking at their English website, they make ST tires including a 14 ply Load Range G 235/85R16 tire.
I'm happy with my Maxxis but was wondering if anyone has any stories about Triangle trailer tires.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo
10 REPLIES 10

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Martyn wrote:
Wouldn't triangle trailer tires make for a really bumpy ride?? :W :B

Kind of what I was thinking... Must be hard on the springs...:S

Not only hard on the springs, but just trying to get it to spin.........

Sailuns here!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
love my sailun tires

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
ST tires made in china doesn't equate to junk tires just like ST tires made in the usa are a quality tire. The commercial grade all steel ply carcass 16" Sailun S637 load G is the holy grail for regional service haulers and rv folks pulling 14k + lb rv trailers.

Hell at one time all ST tires were all made in the USA by our top domestic tire mfg....and they were still krapz tires for road trailers.

Once any brand ST tire hits the streets under a rv trailer or trailers used in commerce it going to take 3-5 years before we can say their still a krapz tire or they can compete with a ST tire like the Sailuns or the Providers.

Time and miles of service will tell us if Triangle has a quality tire or just another old style ST class tire.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Except the Chinese don't have a track record of building quality ST tires. I'll be sticking with my proven LT's.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quality really depends on if we demand a low price at any cost.
And we seem to do that a lot.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
"A Chinese Tire Company......."

The Chinese are quite capable of manufacturing quality tires,
whether it's done in China with Chinese employees, or In the USA with US (American) employees....:W

~

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Martyn wrote:

Kind of what I was thinking... Must be hard on the springs...:S
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
SooperDaddy posted on RV.Net back in 2010

"Since its founding in 1976, Triangle has already acquired a 33 year history manufacturing tires for most applications, ranking 10th among tire manufacturers in the world today.

Triangle produces over 700 kinds of radial tires in more than 160 sizes, and manufactures nearly 400 types of bias tires in more than 100 sizes. Annual production exceeds 10 million units, including over 7 million in radials.

Having obtained a leadership position in the domestic tire market in China..."

They did just have a recall (Sept 2017) on some 15" tires that could not hold air..... found that a curing mold had a protruding screw that caused a hole to be cured into the tires where the shoulder meets the sidewall.
Vast majority where quarantined at either their warehouse or dealer inventory.....only 288 tires were actually recalled.

That speaks well of them....quick to react/correct issue.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good news, Amxpress! Manufacturing coming back to the USA.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website