cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

truck bed

boingram
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all...we have been tt owners and are used to using the bed of our tv for our toys. Starting to consider purchase of a 30 to 32 footer. Not that familiar with fiver hookup...we can put our kayaks on the roof of ghe tv but my 10hp four stroke outboard motor is our issue. Cannot lay it down and it stands abt as tall as the tv roof...what do do and is this a problem...thx...bo
7 REPLIES 7

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
Outstanding job Paul on that receiver system, very nice platform racks too.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
No reason you can't have a custom receiver welded for the back of the trailer (tied into the trailer's frame) and then a custom rack for the outboard motor. If hitches can be fabbed to tow a boat or motorcycle trailer it certainly wouldn't be hard to fab up a means to carry the boat motor. It would probably be even easier for you to load and unload rather than from inside the truck bed!

I just had three (3) receiver tubes fabricated for the back of my trailer. They are all tied into the trailers steel I-Beam frame (although it looks like they are just welded to the factory bumper tube, they are not, they just pass through it). I carry a custom rack on each side for my generators and a can of fuel and the cent tube is for my bike rack.

It only takes imagination, a good fabricator/welder and money ๐Ÿ™‚

Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

Sea_Six
Explorer
Explorer
You could swap the 10 Hp outboard for a 9.9 hp propane outboard. No issues with lying it on its side or even carrying it inside the coach for that matter.

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
You could put the kayaks on the roof with a front mount hitch and a "Extend a bed" and use in in the upright configuration, then a roof rack on the cab. As far as the outboardif there would be room at a front corner you could fab up a rig for it.
A rear mount on the 5th may have someone question if it is a amphibian 5th wheel.
Jim
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
10 HP should make a kayak really rip! You do not sound like a 5th wheel candidate, or it is goes to be a lot of work getting set up. Use the forum advanced search for kayak racks. The OB will have to go in front center in the bed, which screws up having a tool box there.

Stay with bumper pull! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
You *might* have room to secure it upright in one of the front corners of the bed. This depends on your bed length, configuration of the fiver cap, and turn radius, as well as the width of the motor itself.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on weight i have seen motors mounted on the back of the trailer. I would never bumper mount it, but a solid hitch platform mount should work.