cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck down

spindrift
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, it looks as though I just lost a rod bearing. A couple of good trips have already been planned for the Summer which will need to be cancelled, including a family wedding in Vermont.

Has anyone ever heard of a place that will rent a truck to pull a fifth wheel? Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get back on the road A.S.A.P. but this whole business has thrown a big monkey wrench into things.
'12 F350 KR CC DRW, with some stuff.
Redwood 36FL
9 REPLIES 9

spindrift
Explorer
Explorer
timdan94 wrote:
spindrift wrote:
Unfortunately, it looks as though I just lost a rod bearing. A couple of good trips have already been planned for the Summer which will need to be cancelled, including a family wedding in Vermont.

Has anyone ever heard of a place that will rent a truck to pull a fifth wheel? Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get back on the road A.S.A.P. but this whole business has thrown a big monkey wrench into things.

zieglersrv in pa rents a f350 srw with fifth wheel hitch

Thanks for the tip. I'll call them tomorrow.
Redwood 36FL

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
Atom Ant wrote:
That sucks Spindrift! Sorry to hear.

We lost our transmission on vacation several years back and it was 8 weeks and $5K to fix. We stood to loose 2 -weeks of well planned vacation and I was staring into some sad eyes!

I took the chicken way out and traded in. We lost 1 day, but were on the road and loved the truck.

This just happened to me, but Beltway Towing in Grand Rapids,Mi...got me going in1 1/2 days,saved my 2 week vacation,rally I was hosting in Iowa area.:)

I would tell anyone,in.....Michigan....near Grand Rapids.....they are great.
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
spindrift wrote:

zieglersrv in pa rents a f350 srw with fifth wheel hitch

Do you have a CDL? You can try for Ryder Truck Rental or Penske Truck Rental...They rent SAT.....Single Axle Tractors... Usually only to business but...... It's worth a try ... If there is more than 2 of you ??????...Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

spindrift
Explorer
Explorer
Atom Ant wrote:
I was staring into some sad eyes!

You have no idea. Then I realized I was looking into a mirror. ๐Ÿ™‚
Redwood 36FL

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
That sucks Spindrift! Sorry to hear.

We lost our transmission on vacation several years back and it was 8 weeks and $5K to fix. We stood to loose 2 -weeks of well planned vacation and I was staring into some sad eyes!

I took the chicken way out and traded in. We lost 1 day, but were on the road and loved the truck.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Start at your local RV dealer, they might have one, or they can send you to someone.

spindrift
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not optimistic.
Redwood 36FL

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Easy to rent trucks but hard to find one that even has a trailer hitch on it let alone a 5th wheel hitch. I don't know if it is liability driven but don't think that's going to happen for you unless you could find a private party to rent their truck from.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk