cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Utah Fifth-wheelers...HELP!!!

rknight
Explorer
Explorer
Help needed from my fellow Fifth-Wheelers in Utah. We are moving out of state next week and will be putting our trailer in storage at a friend's house for a few months while we get transitioned. Only problem is, our truck died and is taking forever in the shop. We need to haul our trailer over to our friend's by next week but have no way to get it there.

Is there anyone nearby who can help us tow it? We'd reimburse you for your time and fuel. Or if you know of a local company that rents trucks with hitches, that would work, too.

We live in Cedar Hills (near Alpine/Highland) and need to tow to west Lehi.

Thanks so much for anyone who can help us out.

Julie
Randy (rknight), Julie and 4 daughters ages 10-17. And couple of black labs.

Between RV's ... looking for a 5'er
10 REPLIES 10

Mr_Green
Explorer
Explorer
Do you still need help getting your fifth wheel moved? I could probably help out if it's not too heavy. I have a Ford F-250 7.3 PSD. If you still need help send me a message. I could probably go today.

Doug

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your a Good Sam Member call a GS Chapter near you. Sure they would be glad to help you.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

geotex1
Explorer
Explorer
Any camper roadside assistance you belong to? Give them a call.

There are many trailer transport services too. Showroom Transport has an insured, nationwide transport division, and there are other.

TheAmRheins
Explorer
Explorer
The transport companies that deliver campers should have someone in your area. Like Star fleet, Hoosier transport and CW transport.
Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Wish I were in UT, would be glad to help you out
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
rknight wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I had thought of wrecking companies, but thanks for the reminder. I'll call a few. I don't know about the turnover ball thing, but since it doesn't sound familiar, I'm guessing not. I did call Stewart's RV, and they acted like they had no clue what I was talking about or why I would need such a thing. Surely I can't be the only person who's ever been in this situation!

Thanks for your help.

Weird, I would think an RV shop would know local people that do towing. Some full time RVers do towing on the side for extra income.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I was in the same situation last year, and needed my FW towed about 70 miles one way. I put an add under help wanted on Craigslist and found a fellow FW owner who did it for $200 plus fuel.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

rknight
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies. I had thought of wrecking companies, but thanks for the reminder. I'll call a few. I don't know about the turnover ball thing, but since it doesn't sound familiar, I'm guessing not. I did call Stewart's RV, and they acted like they had no clue what I was talking about or why I would need such a thing. Surely I can't be the only person who's ever been in this situation!

Thanks for your help.
Randy (rknight), Julie and 4 daughters ages 10-17. And couple of black labs.

Between RV's ... looking for a 5'er

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
rknight wrote:
Help needed from my fellow Fifth-Wheelers in Utah. We are moving out of state next week and will be putting our trailer in storage at a friend's house for a few months while we get transitioned. Only problem is, our truck died and is taking forever in the shop. We need to haul our trailer over to our friend's by next week but have no way to get it there.

Is there anyone nearby who can help us tow it? We'd reimburse you for your time and fuel. Or if you know of a local company that rents trucks with hitches, that would work, too.

We live in Cedar Hills (near Alpine/Highland) and need to tow to west Lehi.

Thanks so much for anyone who can help us out.

Julie

Probably a long shot, but do you have a hitch that works with a turnover ball? Like the B&W companion hitch? I don't have a hitch, but I have a truck with a turnover ball. (I use the Andersen 5th wheel ultimate companion hitch... I guess this is the downside of it, I can't tow other people's rigs.)

I guess weight would also be an issue... if it is a big 5th wheel, my 2500hd may not have enough payload to tow it.

As the other person responding said, a tow company will probably be easier and fastest. Or, call over to Stewarts RV place and see if they know somebody that will move it for you.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Any wrecker service can tow a fifth wheel.