cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

washer/dryer

Roadking5002
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best brand of stackable washer/dryer to use in a 34 ft. 5th wheel?? Do they wash & dry well?? Only the 2 of us!!
15 REPLIES 15

jackdi
Explorer
Explorer
We are fulltimers go to LM every 10 days. We like the room, we have a 39 foot RV so extra closet space is great but each to his own.If we ever changed our mind would for sure get a stackable.We had one ordered but wife said lets try it without one, and if we don't like going to LM we can go buy them don't cost any more to wait.
Good luck

Jack and Dianne
320rs Columbus
3500 Dodge Ram Diesel
Travel with our 2 horses
Living our Dream

4x4FF
Explorer
Explorer
To each his own. Some folks wouldn't have a coach without an auto leveling system. (Mine doesn't ) others could say for that expense you can buy a lot of 2x8's. Just depends. In our case we prefer having the washer and dryer for convenience. Definitely not a 'must have' or we don't go. Just a nice convenience.

Steve
'07 39' Pilgrim Open Road 5th Wheel
'18 F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-man wrote:
ken burke wrote:
Roadking5002 wrote:
What is the best brand of stackable washer/dryer to use in a 34 ft. 5th wheel?? Do they wash & dry well?? Only the 2 of us!!

We full time and go to the laundry mat ever 2 weeks. I would not mess with a washer/dryer. They are very heavy, and don't work well.

You can do an awfull lot of laundry on the quarters you save by not purchasing a washer dryer for your RV! Big plus, two less things to go wrong!

Ya, and you can can do an awfull lot of staying in a Marriott on the money you save by not purchasing a camper and a big truck to move it! What was your point :B
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
ken burke wrote:
Roadking5002 wrote:

We full time and go to the laundry mat ever 2 weeks. I would not mess with a washer/dryer. They are very heavy, and don't work well.

You can do an awfull lot of laundry on the quarters you save by not purchasing a washer dryer for your RV! Big plus, two less things to go wrong!

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Our Splendide Aristons are 11 years old now. I will clarify we are not full timers, so the use may not be as high as others. 11 years of winterizing and beach towels and king bed sheets, and transfer to 3 different fifth wheels and they work perfectly.

We originally decided on the RV type because they use less water, spin faster to help the 110VAC dryer, and ours even have retractable buttons so the cabinet doors can close. Snap to winterize.

The only time I've had to replace a part was moving it into the last rig and I broke one of the plastic water solenoid valves. About $166 smacks through PPL motorhomes for the part, but it was up and running in a few days.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

4x4FF
Explorer
Explorer
When I purchased my used 5th wheel it came with stackable Ariston Washer and Dryer. Washer works fine. Dryer worked but no heat. After searching I found that the heating coil and thermostats came as a package for $250...ouch. After considerable searching I did find them from Canada for $184...again ouch. Read a bunch of forum posts and decided to change out the dryer with a 110v Whirlpool. Found a used one (In great shape) on Craigslist about 15 minutes from my house for $80 bucks and figure parts will be available ANYWHERE. Plus parts are considerably cheaper.

As a funny side note...When I got it I pretty well disassembled it to clean it out. I used a shop vac to get most of the extraneous lint out then I stuck my air compressor hose under the drum. I thought I was at Build-A-Bear!!!! At least now I know its all clean and ready to go.....and I think I got a pretty good deal.

Steve
'07 39' Pilgrim Open Road 5th Wheel
'18 F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
We still have our Sears Stackable units that were put in new in 1996. They are still working fine. Oops, I hope I didn't just jinx myself:S.
Being older they do have a larger tub than some of the new ones I have looked at but I haven't checked them all.
I have to respectfully disagree with the poster who said they don't work well. My clothes are spotless and come out of the dryer just fine.
For me having an on board washer & dryer, is not only the convenience, but I know the water temp and I know what had been in the washer. I also know the dryer temp. I love the fact that I can wash at my convenience. From a cost standpoint my w/d has paid for itself many, many times over.
BUT it is always a personal preference, plus we are fulltimers so we are in our Carriage 365 days a week. Hugs, Di
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
sorry duplicate post. Hugs, Di
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
ken burke wrote:
Roadking5002 wrote:

. Yep. The extra space, think about it - no thought of needing to do a load to stay caught up. No mess or hassle for 14 days straight.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

ken_burke
Explorer
Explorer
Roadking5002 wrote:

2011 Ford F-350 6.7 diesel, Crew Cab, LB, SRW, 4X4, White
Cedar Creek 34SB, 37 feet 5th wheel, Reese 20K Hitch
"So many questions, so little time."

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
we've found that with separate washers and dryers its best not to go with "RV" units .... the reason being they are difficult to find places that can/will work on them .... when our OEM washer and dryer died, we went to Lowe's for replacements .... if needed, we can get them serviced most anywhere

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Kenmore stackable washer/dryer. Would hate to be without it. The washer is doing a load right now.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
This gets discussed a lot. You might want to do a search. In fact there is an ongoing discussion about the pros and cons of an onboard w/d on one of the forums right now (don't recall which one).

I have the Splendide stackables. Being a single, this might be overkill because I could probably get along just fine with the single combo unit. But for 2 people I would definitely recommend getting the stackable separates just because of the smaller capacity.

I agree with everything Jtrac says. My dirty laundry is 2 ft away from the w/d and the closet is about the same distance so it only takes a minute to load the washer or put away clean laundry. The dryer takes about an hour to dry a load(120 volt,) but it doesn't matter because I'm not around waiting for it to get done.

I have a 35 ft rig. They do wash and dry very well, just like your home w/d, just smaller loads.

Tim

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been using a 24" Kenmore for 16 years in a 38' HH. We did replace about two years ago when a sale appeared. Installer had no problem working on RV.

Jim