cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We went camping!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Ahhhh finally got out again. I enjoy Morro bay. I wanted to stay a week but I booked a lil to late on reserve America so we only got two days.

Passing through SLO

Morro bay state park - site #30 recommend this site. It's a corner sport no neighbors in front of you and there's a nice grass spot between the next campsite port side.

When we got there Monday around noon the marine layer was thick - Luckily it cleared up for the two days we were there

scored a t shirt and a pic from the Legendary Bro Fro! You can find him at the end of Embarcadero.

Great weather great place no crowds.

Cruising around - Mako and Maddie love Morro bay too!

Beach over by Morro rock

My daughters made me an early bday cake - I actually had reservations to come out here for my birthday but had to cancel because we got my daughters dance schedule and found out she has dance comp on my bday, how about all them candles?

7am nice sunrise - right across the CG they have a nice short lil trail

Was up early weather was perfect so took the 14' SUP and did a quick 2 mile paddle while the girls slept in.

Went back to camp ate breakfast hung out for a bit, by this time the kids were ready to take the boards out across the Harbor over to sand spit area where there is tons of sand dollars. Cool lil courtesy dock and small park, always fun to bring a board on down here and hang out.

Thanks for reading, Happy camping - safe travels.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
29 REPLIES 29

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you guys had a great time,that's what's it's all about making great memories!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
The guy ended up buying a Weekend warrior the next day. I'm not pushing as hard as I should to sell it.

I'm sorry your deal fell through, but I'm glad you still have a trailer to play in.

no worries - not in a rush to sell. It's a great trailer.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
I need to get back up there, love that campground but hard to get into. My uncle lives right off the golf course on top of the hill to the north of it. Need to go see him too, he's not in the best of health.

I think Moro Bay and the back bay is the prettiest spot on the coast. Lots to do too. Did you hit the museum? Small but very nice.

I think you had mentioned your uncle when we came up last year. I don't think it's too bad of an entry - there was some pretty big 5ers, but then again my lil 19' weazles its way through everything. Unfortunately we didn't do the museum, now that I think of it we didn't even talk about going. Next time we will check it out. Morro bay is definitely a beautiful place, nice and chill without tons of people.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I need to get back up there, love that campground but hard to get into. My uncle lives right off the golf course on top of the hill to the north of it. Need to go see him too, he's not in the best of health.

I think Moro Bay and the back bay is the prettiest spot on the coast. Lots to do too. Did you hit the museum? Small but very nice.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
eDUBz wrote:
The guy ended up buying a Weekend warrior the next day. I'm not pushing as hard as I should to sell it.

I'm sorry your deal fell through, but I'm glad you still have a trailer to play in.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
DuneJunkie wrote:
living here in morro bay is awesome..........so cool to see others coming to our little town and enjoying themselves!

We love it there.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
1320Fastback wrote:
Very cool, looks like a good time was had by all including the puppers.

For camping like this with dogs I recommend a set of saw horses cut to the proper height to hold your door level. It's nice having a patio!
You can find "expen" fencing on Craigslist for pretty cheap to keep the dogs contained.

We always have a great time in Morro bay - usually I'll use bottle jacks for the ramp.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Livin the dream. Makin the memories. You are blessed. Love the SUP's. Bought one and am shopping for a second.
Thanks - im in the industry, look at the build quality on your next one - if you can get a Carbon Sanwhich Composite, best construction out there but it cost $$$$. If you need help choosing a board shoot me a pm.

DuneJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
living here in morro bay is awesome..........so cool to see others coming to our little town and enjoying themselves!
2005 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 CC Duramax/Allison, with 18K SuperGlide Hitch
2008 385 Fleetwood Gearbox
2015 Polaris Rzr4 1000
2002 Honda 400ex
2009 Polaris Outlaw 90

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Great pics. Looks like you had perfect weather. Did you honk and wave at my boy as you passed the university?

I thought you sold your trailer? Is this a new one or am I mis-remembering?

Ah man, Forgot to honk - Next time!

dedmiston
Great pics. Looks like you had perfect weather. Did you honk and wave at my boy as you passed the university?

I thought you sold your trailer? Is this a new one or am I mis-remembering?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

KansasRV
Explorer
Explorer
This looks great! Awesome pics!

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Livin the dream. Makin the memories. You are blessed. Love the SUP's. Bought one and am shopping for a second.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

mayorb
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics eDud, Family fun for all including the pups!

mayor

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool, looks like a good time was had by all including the puppers.

For camping like this with dogs I recommend a set of saw horses cut to the proper height to hold your door level. It's nice having a patio!
You can find "expen" fencing on Craigslist for pretty cheap to keep the dogs contained.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler