cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

seagrace
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased airbag suspension for Clifford, the Big, Red Truck. Not that he cannot handle the new TH "Homie", but that I am a skittish driver and I prefer a more "solid" feel in the handling.

I also picked up an LED light remote dimmer control, because I prefer a more subtle lighting, but that's coming next week ๐Ÿ™‚

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
Had my first tire blowout during the Hurricane Matthew evacuation. Minor damage to the trailer and got to do my first roadside wheel replacement. It mostly sucked.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
Added a locking fuel door to fuel station.

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Toy Hauler and truck combo!! I do miss having a toy hauler for hunting season... Sucks that your truck broke down, hope your hunt was successful.

Scott_PDX
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from my first hunting trip in the new toy hauler. Followed by my F350 breaking down in the woods the 2nd day of the season. Spend a day getting it towed out of the woods, then a few more days trying to get it repaired at the closest Ford dealer 100 miles away. Ended up getting a buddy to come down and tow the toy hauler out for more, and was able to pick the Ford up later in the week. Bad Injector Controller Module. Not much I could do about that out in the sticks.

Camping in the Toy Hauler was great, and very comfortable. Now just need to add some toys to it for hunting! Picked it up last month and have done three weekend trips with it so far. Only one with a Motorcycle (KTM 450 EXC), but that will change going forward. Works great as a trailer camper for me, the girlfriend and the dogs.

Picture of the swap in bend from a 1 ton Chevy Van back to my 1 ton truck.
2001 F-350 Crew Cab: Air Rides, Bilsteins, MBRP
2017 Genesis Supreme 19ss Toy Hauler
Bunch of Motorcycles

Y-Guy
2BLAZERS wrote:
Drove home from camping and riding at Morrow County OHV.

Have you been to Morrow much? It was one of our favorite places to ride. We started going just after it opened, by the time we sold our ATVs it had become huge and getting popular. Some great memories! Hoping they keep expanding the riding area too.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer

Drove home from camping and riding at Morrow County OHV. Unhooked it and unloaded the dirty clothes and food. ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Joined the crowd, installed a beauty, Dometic 310 adult size potty, or new Throne. And a new Sureflow 3.0 water pump.

Now I will have pump silence while I read the news, life is good again.

These are must haves in our Hauler, water flow and 4" taller potty.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I installed two residential receptacles each on its own breaker for space heaters.

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer
Installed Progressive Industries EMS-50 in the rig. Hardwired so it doesn't disappear from the power pole.
'17 F450 CCLB Platinum dually

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
My wife decorated the TH for fall!!! Pumpkin spice scent sticks, different flowers, and vases. She is awesome! Making a home outta this....

Couple more years, and maybe cutting the lines and taking off.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I did something to my toy hauler hauler: clayed the paint.

My truck has been parked outside since I bought it 5 years ago. The black paint felt like sandpaper. Regular paint cleaner / wax wouldn't budge the crud. I could hear the roughness running my fingers over otherwise clean paint.

Anyway, I used the Mother's clay detailing kit and it worked perfectly.

Now I have to wax it.

I've cleared a lot of stuff out of my shop and now have room to park my dually long-bed crew cab inside. Hopefully no more paint oxidation.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Strabo wrote:

Let us know how install goes, I'd like to do the same. Just installed one in the house, can't be any different.

confirmed that I'm an idiot. Couldn't resist the "low price" and bought the wrong t'stat. Went to Benlo last Friday, talked to them and they confirmed I need the "upgrade kit" to go digital, it includes a new thermostat and control module that goes inside the A/C, pretty straight forward but comes without a wiring diagram!!!! How can you sell a control unit without a wiring diagram? Thought that was not legal. Well went on the Dometic website and found the installation manual for the newer version of the A/C I have and it has all the proper wiring diagrams for the various applications. Might tackle it tonight. Jim if you're handy with wiring and can understand the basic operation of the system you should be OK. The kit was $96.00.

Anyone want a digital thermostat for a Coleman?

Got it done, not too hard really. Took just a bit over one hour. If you have a Dometic A/C this kit is the way to go.

Here's a good description done by someone:

description/photos

Looks/works great.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

CaptRick
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished installing Dexter E-Z Flex suspension system. First side took about 2 hours, second side was under an hour. Will take a test ride this weekend to see the difference.
2004 F250 6.0
2007 Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite M-260 FS Toy Hauler
1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador
1989 BMW R100 GS with Sidecar
2005 Suzuki DRZ 400
2006 KTM 450EXC
2015 BMW R1200 GSA

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer
Today I took out the 2 12vdc deep cycle batteries and replaced them with 4 6vdc AGM's. Had the AGM's in the old trailer and removed them when we traded it in. Next will be the surge protector (EMS-50) and the inverter.
'17 F450 CCLB Platinum dually