cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is this wire?

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
No power to fan over stove. Appears that power stops at this device. What is it?

2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C
22 REPLIES 22

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
oh I see it in the second picture. black is ground? or do they put fuseable links in ground wire?
bumpy

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Yes two conductors. One hot with fuse, other ground ?? Where does the black lead go....to ground?
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
are there two conductors there?
bumpy

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I can not see any discoloration in the fuse link. try to look at it a little closer and see if the fuse link burned out. if you you will need to do a replacement before you can get power to the fan. also wiggle the connectors to see if they are making contact.

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem on my hood fan. I thought it was something to reduce "noise" in the TV picture. I removed it and use the fan without it. If it's a fuse, perhaps I'd better rethink. I'll watch this thread to find out. Can't wait!
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another view

2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Thermal fuse? Can't read the markings on it from here. If it's a thermal fuse, and got too hot, it may have opened. This would be useful in case of a stove fire.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thermal fuse