cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I clean before we camp?

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno, maybe I have issues. I for some reason go about the 3 day task of cleaning, everything we bring. Its all dirty, covered in dust or sand. I roll a perfectly detailed Rhino off the ramp onto the desert where it attracts dust. The truck is perfectly perfect. The hauler is washed, vacuumed, wiped down and I lube the door latch. I kill myself doing all this so our stuff looks well taken care of, it's important that I portray a sense that I'm a respectable adult.

In the time we are camping everything reverts back to something out of a " Mad Max Movie ".....

Guess what I will do before we go camping again..... 🙂

Help me......:(
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

20 REPLIES 20

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
The inside of the Vengeance gets a thorough cleaning inside after each trip. We park it in the driveway, hook up 15A power, unload everything, and start cleaning up (vacuuming, wipe downs, bathroom cleaning, pull the bed sheets, etc). Then if needed, it gets a good washing outside before I put it under the barn shelter.

Before each trip, the truck gets all the attention. When we roll out, everything is all nice and shiny and then we typically hit a thunderstorm 10 minutes after leaving the house. 😞

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe you could clean when you get home?
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
THere is nothing wrong with cleaning everything however I have broke the obsessive habit.
I've clean when things need it and not out of routine.
THe object is to use the camper to the fullest, not to clean it to the fullest.
Yes they go hand in hand But the rig does not need to be detailed every trip.
If you only camp occasionally cleaning every trip maybe feasible but if you camp frequently detailing every trip takes up too much valuable time.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's definitely a sense of pride. You want your equipment to look good.
Plus, when you meticulously clean your equipment you're also inspecting it. You notice anything worn, cracked, broken, missing, etc. and can take corrective action.
Don't worry, you're normal. 🙂

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I'm the same, detail both the fiver and the truck before we leave. I think it's a sense of pride. My wife said she doesn't understand why I do this when they are just going to get dirty while camping.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
It's an ongoing process! Clean the rig---use makes it dirty again-----clean the rig!!!!!! rinse and repeat. When you live in your motorhome like I do it always seems dirty 🙂
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad