cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring question

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a new Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 bhds. I take delivery in a couple of weeks, and in advance of that, I asked the dealer if they could route an HDMI cable from the main entertainment center to the outside kitchen so I could watch satellite programming on both TVs via a splitter.

I tailgate a lot, so this would have made it super easy. Set up the satellite box inside the coach, plug in the splitter, and then you have the ballgame inside and outside. Well, the dealer came back with a quote of $1,000 for the installation and routing of a single cable. I politely told them thanks, but no thanks.

If you look at the FLOOR PLAN , this shouldn’t be a big job, as the main room tv and the outside kitchen are close together. I’d do it myself, but I’m nervous about drilling into my new baby. I could easily drill into the bunk area and then straight through to the outside kitchen.

Have any of you ever done something like this? Thoughts?
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L
3 REPLIES 3

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at your floor plan and then watched a YouTube video to see what your camper looked like inside. I would think you'd have no problem drilling a simple hole from behind the entertainment center cabinet directly into the outside kitchen. Dirll the hole inside the cabinet and no one will ever know it's there.

ronday
Explorer
Explorer
Little careful work should be fine. I ran cable forward, split it so I have satellite TV in bedroom and lower compartment. Ron
2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A, Crewcab SB, Pullrite superglide
2011 Big Country BC 3250TS 33ft 5ver
2005 Fleetwood 26ft 5ver
2005 Sun Lite Truck Camper
Ron - 29 yrs HS Tech Teacher (ret) 24 yrs USN/USNR Chief (ret)
Sheila - 29 yrs HS Home and Careers Teacher (ret)

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
Based on the proximity of your entertainment center to your outside kitchen $1000 is an insane price. By the floor plan it looks as if one wall separates the entertainment area from the outside kitchen.

I think it would be impossible to give you specific directions, but if you simply are careful not to drill into wiring, plumbing, etc you will be fine. Looks as if your drilling is in an area that will not be seen, i.e. behind the TV.