cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dumping

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
to all you fulltimers when you are at a park and dont have full hookups do you use a portable one or do you unhook when you are at a park for a month thanks
13 REPLIES 13

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
This how we do it....
Water and Boondocking 101 Dumping Gary and Black water
So here is a another way to go if you want to think outside the "Blue Boy".
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

murphy38
Explorer
Explorer
We have portable tote that we use when we do not feel like moving the motor home. Works for us.

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
We're good for about 8-10 days and then we unhook and go to the dump station. In past years when I was traveling and working my wife would call the honey wagon if one was available ($25). I've seen too many disasters with the blue totes, most of them would not have happened if the user was aware of maintenance and their surroundings.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Up to a week, it's not really neccessary to dump for us.

If we are staying much longer, we find a spot with sewer.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all the answers will keep in mind all of them

barbandwayne
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't take that much effort for us to unhook and drive to the dump. That blue thingie just seems too nasty to mess with.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We spent our first summer in a park like that. We used a tote to dump both the black and grey . Black first, grey next and then rinse well.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
When we're boondocking or at dry campgrounds we can last 12 days before having to dump. By that time we're ready to move to another spot. If where you're staying has a dump station and it's not too far away from you, you might consider getting a blue tote. Keep in mind that once filled they are very heavy and unless you replace the wheels to a heavy-duty type they don't pull that well, especially on a rough road. They're not made to haul a long distance. It might be worth it to you to just drive to the dump station. Good luck!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a tote........used it twice. After dragging tote at a crawl to dump station said "Self..this is going to take too much time away from sitting in my reclining camp chair!"
I have a Flojet macerator.......only use it when at sisters place. Clean out is 75' away.

When we run out of fresh water....we pack up and go get more fresh water and dump tanks. That works out to roughly 6 days.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
We camp all the time at campgrounds that do not have sewer hook-ups. The campgrounds we've stayed at have a honey wagon the will come around an pump you out as needed on scheduled days. Fees range from $7-$15 per pump out.

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only time we've been without full hookups (called boondocking or dry camping) we would drive to a facility to dump waste tanks and fill up our water tank. That typically would be about a week.

We've never used one of those blue, portable waste carts, although I've heard of people with smaller rigs without large tanks do just that.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have never been in this situation but I really like this idea of using a 12VDC MERCATOR PUMP and pump your waste directly into a portable tank in the back of your truck bed. Always have a portable tank larger than the tank you are pumping. When it gets done just unhook your hose from the pump and tie off high and drive to dump site. Then let gravity feed empty your portable tank...

FLOJET 18555-000 Waste Water Pump Kit

Watched one guy do this at a campground and all was easy completed with no mess whatsoever.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not staying at a "park" with no hookups for a month at a time. If I am dry camping in the desert for an extended period I will move (not connected to anything) to dump and fill as necessary.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?