cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full timing

joebart828
Explorer
Explorer
In November 2013 I had sold my New York house an started using my Rv full time. Using My Rv mail address changed everything over citi bank found out that my Rv mail address was a mail handling location so it froze my accounts until I gave them a different address taken out my money went yo Wells Fargo no problem. Now on 7/6/14 I called up Wells Fargo looking to get a credit card to use as a credit card plus over draft protection and from the way the Wells Fargo guy was talking I may have the same problem all over again. I still wanna still go full time but it is sure testing me if I wanna go through with it.
16 REPLIES 16

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
To OP: What address are you using? If you're using a P.O. Box # sometimes that won't fly.

We've used Escapees forwarding service for 18 years with no problems. They give us a street address and for our box we put #0000. We also use Fidelity for our financials.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
joebart828 wrote:
I was told while dealing with Citibank that under the patriot act I can not use a p o box or a mail handling business as ay resident such as my Rv mail. Now the question is if I don't have a family member to use there address how can I legally do this living in my Rv full time. I can use my Rv mail to forward my mail to where I am but the question is what can I use as my main resident

The Patriot Act (the money laundering section) states:

For an individual who does not have a residential or business street address, an Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO) box number, or the residential or business street address of next of kin or of another contact individual.

So you'd need to find someone you can use as a "contact" whose address you can use.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
1. Escapees. Gets you a rock solid address. Never put P.O Box 000000. Put 204 Rainbow Dr., Apt. or just "box" 00000. Livingston, Texas.
2. Credit Union of your choice, USAA (good, because everything is online or phone), haven't been there in years. BOA, and Chase work
3. Progressive for insurance for Rig or USAA for rig.
4. Priceless while full-timing!
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
CabinetmakerII wrote:
After LOTS of research my DW and I are going Full Time. We are selling everything at auction including the house. We have been insured with State Farm for over 30 years. When I advised them I would no longer need my "Home Owners Insurance" they informed me that my RV would only be covered by my TV insurance (also State Farm). I asked if there was any liability coverage when set up in an RV park or other camp site. NO! (I assumed they checked with Foremost) I quickly moved all my insurance needs to Good Sam Insurance. Staying on topic, we are using our daughters address and she handles it from there. Either scan or forward.
Progressive also provides liability coverage in their RV insurance package.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

Dufus
Explorer
Explorer
We Have full timed for a year. Using our bank in Okla with a Texas address. Kept the Okla bank to avoid changing direct deposit to another bank. They have never questioned my Texas address. Wife has Bank of America and they don't question our Tx address. Neither does Wells Fargo. All vehicles have Texas registrations. No problems so far from any one, any where.
Full timer
2013 Excel 36GKM Limited
1997 Freightliner FL50 CAT 3126 w/ Allison 6spd Auto
2007 Toyota Camry
2004 Kawasaki 750 Vulcan Trike

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
square dancers wrote:
Come on folks!!
How many full time RV'ers are out here? How many of them have Debit cards? How many have retirement and Social Security checks going to a bank? How many have credit cards with multiple lenders? How many of these RV'ers have zero trouble with their finances? At least one I know of.

If your going to full time use Escapees as your mail service. For insurance contact Foremost Insurance, they own State Farm, Foremost insures hundreds of RV owners.

After LOTS of research my DW and I are going Full Time. We are selling everything at auction including the house. We have been insured with State Farm for over 30 years. When I advised them I would no longer need my "Home Owners Insurance" they informed me that my RV would only be covered by my TV insurance (also State Farm). I asked if there was any liability coverage when set up in an RV park or other camp site. NO! (I assumed they checked with Foremost) I quickly moved all my insurance needs to Good Sam Insurance. Staying on topic, we are using our daughters address and she handles it from there. Either scan or forward.
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
square dancers wrote:
Come on folks!!
How many full time RV'ers are out here? How many of them have Debit cards? How many have retirement and Social Security checks going to a bank? How many have credit cards with multiple lenders? How many of these RV'ers have zero trouble with their finances? At least one I know of.

As I said previously, the OP just needs to get a new bank.

It is definitely not rocket science.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
square dancers wrote:
Come on folks!!

If your going to full time use Escapees as your mail service. For insurance contact Foremost Insurance, they own State Farm, Foremost insures hundreds of RV owners.

Agree that there are thousands of us full timers who have credit cards, banks, and insurance, and have no issues with any of it.
Opened my Chase account after I went full time, using my Livingston TX Escapees address, but many people use South Dakota addresses successfully too. I do NOT recommend using family or friends. Too many potential issues now or in the future.

Sue
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

square_dancers
Explorer
Explorer
Come on folks!!

Bill-Edna
The Boys-Beau & Jacques

:C2008 F450 DRW 6.4 Diesel SDCC
:C2008 Fuzion 373 39' Toyhauler

Keep the Shiney Side Up
Dull Side Down
Don't Smoke The Tires
Stop and smell all the roses as you travel this Great Country.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
joebart828 wrote:
I was told while dealing with Citibank that under the patriot act I can not use a p o box or a mail handling business as ay resident such as my Rv mail. Now the question is if I don't have a family member to use there address how can I legally do this living in my Rv full time. I can use my Rv mail to forward my mail to where I am but the question is what can I use as my main resident

You "can" use a relatives address but you might also want to pay their lowest utility bill. Many banking institutions will ask you to provide a utility bill or other proof or residence. Or, you can move to a "legal" PO box. We are SD residents using a mailbox service in that State. We have a gold star on our drivers license indicating we are compliant. We were able to change every banking outlet online except BOA but a quick visit to a branch fixed that.
If you travel much you are going to like how many outlets BOA has. It's a very rare occurrence that I cannot find a BOA ATM and when I get checks in the mail and there's no branch around I have an app on my phone that allows me to do a deposit from anywhere!
USAA is also an excellent choice if you are amongst the group that qualifies.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
BOA & USAA
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

joebart828
Explorer
Explorer

MaNewk
Explorer
Explorer
Mixed reactions on FT RV. All loans and ccards want to see your risk analysis and whether you have an income or not. Your insurance will change on your rv also once your carrier finds out you're on the road more now that you're a "FT RV" risk. Be very careful how you reveal your new status to your creditors and your risk carriers. If you have any family at all who will let you use their address as a sound location for risk and credit grounding, use it. Have them scan and email you any mail that comes to you and give them a nice Christmas present in return.
Ma - Just Ma

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Not full timing, but have traveled for months at a time. Use BofA and they have no problem with mail-forwarding addresses. ๐Ÿ™‚
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend