cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Of 1 Degree!!!

Cmccain13
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so disclaimer I am from Texas and I am not used to cold temps like this. its not going to get above freezing Sunday till Wednesday (its now Thursday) on Monday it will not get above 15 degrees and a low of 1 degree. I am not in a 4 seasons rig I'm in a Class C 2021. SO how worried should I be that **** is gonna freeze and break on me? I will be of course in the rig the full time. We have a space heater that helps but its a pretty weak one. Any help will be appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are hooked to water, fill your water tank and then unhook. If your furnace is propane then make sure you have plenty, close your dump valves. One thing to check is the status of the automotive AC/heat setting. You want to make sure it’s set to recirc instead of fresh air. This can be a big source for cold air entering the mh. Unless you use the front seats while parked, consider blocking off the cab so you have less area to heat. Don’t use the propane stove or oven for heat as it will create a lot of moisture. Be safe.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT