cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail address/physical address in different states

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
As I am beginning to plan to move to FTing in a couple of years, I am struggling with the decision on mail services. Most I see limit have only a couple of state addresses. I am currently a lifelong Georgia resident, and don't have a real reason to change, as Georgia exempts retirement income from income taxes. My family owns a small timber farm that currently has no one residing on it, and I am planning to make that my "home base". It is about 30 miles from my mother, who will likely need more assistance as she ages and my only sibling. Neither of my children plan to live within hundreds of miles of the area, so are not close to be able to help.

Does anyone have a home/residence address in one state and a mailing address in another? Would I be better off for simplicity sake moving my residence to FL using one of the mail services? I don't see a huge advantage tax wise, but am thinking more in terms of dealing with banks, government agencies etc if I have a mail address one place and an actual physical locations in another state -- or even miles away in the same state?
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS
15 REPLIES 15

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
UPS has mail services. Is there one near you in GA?
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi