Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TreeDee
Explorer
Explorer
I just inherited a Itasca motor home and
Need tips on how to drive it. Is it very
Difficult? The only thing close to this
Would be a camper van my husband owned like 20 years ago...
Looking forward to Future road trips.
6 REPLIES 6

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
TreeDee,

Welcome to the forums.

Get some cheap pylons from a dollar store and go to a large parking lot. Practise backing up into a "fake" spot you create with the pylons.

Have a fun time!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you also need tips on how to maintain the RV? Start with roof inspection and repair.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TreeDee
Explorer
Explorer
Great advice! Thank you!

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
And No you don't need a CDL drivers licence's, but the book has good info about driving a large Vehicle.

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could go to the DMV and get a CDL drivers handbook or watch U Tube about driving bigger trucks like a class c.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Driving on the highway will be just like driving a car. Just keep your distance from the vehicle ahead as it takes a bit longer to stop. What you might want to do is practice tight turns and backing up. Find a big empty parking lot and with a 2nd person practice following the directions of that person to guide you backing into a space. You can drive around the lot and get a feel for what it takes to make turns and how to make a right hand turn without driving over the curb.
There are RV driving classes available as well if that is more to your liking.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?