cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No Hot Water Problem

NorCal_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
This has happened a couple times and has me stumped. Has something to do with the Spledndide 2100XC. Hard to explain, but something in the washer is able to kill all hot water in the rig. The 2nd time it happened I was starting wash and noticed the 2100 was not filling with water. I checked hot water in the sinks and shower and had nothing. Cold water worked fine. Tuned off washer then re-started and everything is back to normal, hot water is working again.

So how is the 2100 able to kill all hot water in the coach including itself? I didn't think the water lines were in a serial fashion. Anyone had this problem? And what was the fix?

Dan
'13 Ram 2500Hemi pulling '12 Coachman Chaparral -- USAF Retired --
1 REPLY 1

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whether you are using 'city water' hose connection OR on-board pump ALL hot water comes out the top fitting/line on water heater tank.

Sounds like your check valve in HOT outlet that is starting to fail.
They are a cheapo plastic junk that can easily jam up when there is any sudden pressure on them.

Seeing as you lose ALL hot water flow when using washing machine it has to be the check valve (washer solenoid popping open/snapping closed)

Turn off water supply, relieve pressure on plumbing system (open faucet hot/cold) then remove top water line from fitting on tank. Remove fitting it has the check valve inside)

Now......
You can replace with another fitting/check valve
You can just gut the internals on fitting and reuse w/o a check valve (which is only needed when bypassing water heater----winterizing)
You can replace with a brass style check valve
You can use a nipple with a new shutoff valve in hot line
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31