Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pandemic issues affecting RV'ing?

cinker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

Some campsites in my area are restricting sites to those staying longer than a week and have the sewage dump stations locked down. We are planning travelling from Ontario to B.C. next spring and wondered if that is a good idea i.e, has anyone experienced difficulty with restrictions on this route? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

cinker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Some good advice as always

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Almost impossible to say where we will be by next spring. Perhaps numbers drop and camping goes back "to normal" or numbers soar and places are closed! I would say keep planning your trip but be prepared with a plan b or c as the time to book approaches.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Spring? Just an educated guess, but i think things will be back closer to normal by then. Vaccinations for the Wuhan virus should be mostly completed for North America by late spring.
I would hope that if you can show that you have had a vaccine, no one would bother you at all. Governmentwise, that is.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Canada has better control then the US. I am guessing you are coming across something like CAN 1.
From our trip east on that route I don't see any problems. Just don't come south as Covid is still running wild!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Biggest issue I have been having is that Covid campers have all the CG's booked up. I am having a hard time getting a reservation anywhere a month out. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation any place you are planning on staying.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
We have not seen restrictions in the parks in Minnesota, maybe a rest room closed but that's all - was in 3 parks in Northern MN late August - early September
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks