Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for full timers...

md80max
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

My question is related to the annual cost of living full time in a class A diesel pusher. Now I recognize there are many variables and highly subjective. Just looking for what the realities are of the annual cost of living full time in an RV.

I would like to state we have owned 5 different RV's over the last 20 years, 2 gas coaches, 2 bumper pulls and a 5th wheel toy hauler. I am in no way saying that I am an expert just saying I have " some knowledge " of RV ownership and it's cost. I did once live in one for 2 years by myself in an RV park but was not traveling at all.

The wife and I now find ourselves at the point where we wish to full time starting in about a year and we are just doing our research.

Specifically, what I wish to find is someone willing to share their annual cost over a period of a few years, no more than 10 in perhaps a spreadsheet format of what it cost them to live full time.

I recognize there are many variables to consider. Just trying to get an idea.

As an example, there was a time I was doing research living on a sailboat full time and cruising. I was able to get a 10 year spreadsheet a sailor shared on a forum not unlike this one. He managed to live on his boat for 10 years spending about 2500.00 per month average in that 10-year time frame covering every expense he had during his travels all over the world. This is what I am looking for. I still have that spreadsheet on my laptop to share if anyone wishes to have the information by the way.

That research was all for not though...the wife said she would live full time on an RV but crossing oceans in a 40 foot boat was not for her.

So...we are shopping for a diesel pusher and hope to depart as full-timers in about a year and just doing research. I know when we get going I will be keeping a spreadsheet of my own.

Anyone out there keeping records like that they are willing to share with me as a guide for my research?

Thanks in advance!

Max
15 REPLIES 15

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try Camper Chronicles for some idea

Don't know if they have the same sort of RV and they are trying to mostly fulltime workcamp but it will give you a starting point. I made a spreadsheet in LibreOffice mirroring theirs after seeing what they had. And I bought a camping journal from Amazon.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper