cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The other side of full time

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
I read hear many are to broke to do anything but set under full time. They seam to set in parks months at a time and can't aford the fuel it take to move that much. I'm seeing more of this every year. I'm not saying all do this but many are just setting waiting for the check in the mail each month. I once wanted to full time, but saw that I want to spend time at our main home and cabin to. So I guess we are just part time travelers and never spend more then a week at most in one place.
So big a world, so little time to see.
40 REPLIES 40

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
gscudder wrote:
I like trolls!!
A troll is someone who doesn't agree with a person. Eagles don't fly in packs, but uniformed do.

fulltime5er
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
I'm broke......
Wait for that tiny little check every month
BUT I continue to move weekly/bi-monthly
Stay in one place too long and 'they' may catch up/find me.

Uncle Sam still thinks I'm in SD

Careful there, Old Biscuit. You know the NSA is reading this 😉
2013 Ford F350 Crew Cab, 4x4 Long bed, DRW, 6.7 Diesel, 3.73,
2014 Cedar Creek 36ckts
B&W Companion hitch (puck type)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm broke......
Wait for that tiny little check every month
BUT I continue to move weekly/bi-monthly
Stay in one place too long and 'they' may catch up/find me.

Uncle Sam still thinks I'm in SD
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
Conversely...I read hear many are to broke or busy with chores to do anything but set at the house. They seam to wait to babysit grand kids living 200 miles away, whack weeds, shuval snow, paint, or set on the porch and worry bout the grass growin too tall months at a time and can't aford the fuel it take to move that much. I'm seeing more of this every year. I'm not saying all do this but many are just setting waiting for the check in the mail each month. Hey! Ya reckon conspicuous consumption or resistance to change might have somethin' to do with that? I once wanted a stick & bricks; bought and sold 5; but finaly specked that aside from all the werk and inshorance, I didn't wanna pay the gubment for life to keep one, much less two; pay again to be queath it to my youngins; who then, were gonna have to pay taxes on and maintain that dirt the rest of their lives unless they sold out. So I elect to be one of them there full timers, always at home, enjoyin extended family much more often while takin in MANY of the million dollar mountain/valley/river/lake&ocean VIEWS and never spend less then a week at least in one place. It's all temporary. God Bless ya. To each, their own. Ya'll travel safe.:W
RVn Full-time

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
I do what a want when i want and I've never paid attention to what others do. It's there business, unless they start interfering with what I am doing, then a different story.
So people who Full time are doing what they want to do for their lifestyle happiness. Everyone has the choice on what to do with there life, let them be,jmho.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We don't full time but we are gone a lot. I would miss cutting the grass or getting vegetables on the garden or making trails in the woods for the grandkids to ride in (I tell the wife they are nature trails.)

gscudder
Explorer
Explorer
I like trolls!!
Retire Abrams Master Gunner (Army)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
How is it people forget what a troll this guy is and feed him at every opportunity.

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
loulou57 wrote:
Everyone chooses their own way to live their lives. Some prefer to travel continuously while others are content to sit for a while. Does it really matter to others what they choose....it shouldn't!

Yes the cost of gas is on the increase, it always will be. If people choose to sit in the same place and enjoy life, great. The fact they do that may not have anything to do with gas prices. Those that travel have included that cost in living expence, just as you would add in the cost of heat in your home budget.

We can't judge anyones choice of lifestyle. It may not have anything to do with the thickness of their wallet. Or at least by the thickness you think it is.

What a near perfect life, not without worries of some kind, but to be able to sit back and enjoy life. Enjoy life as chosen and not think about how others can enjoy theirs.
I like Canada very much.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes we choose to stay in one place because we like the place or we want to take advantage of the campground's lower monthly rate. Over time, this frees up money for fuel for trips to places we haven't been. We still don't want a house and prefer staying in a campground for a month to staying at a stick house where we have maintenance and costs. Full timing is not for everyone. For us it's wonderful even if we stay put for awhile.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you not formally introduced to Supercharged, here he is...the thought provoking member who always gets a rise out of those who have not met him....

Enjoy his humor, we need it !!! 🙂 🙂
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
The way I see it, is that some people "Fulltime" by choice, and some by necessity.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Bring on the popcorn 🙂
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
blangen wrote:
Supercharged... I've not cut grass, raked leaves, trimmed trees or painted in years. How about you?
I do up at the cabin, but in the city, just a rock yard and a few flowers.

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
And your point is?
We want to do many things, and RVing is just part of that. We have been RVing our whole life. Yet we are trying to divide our time five or six ways and need more time for each. I'm selling off some extra cars, trailers, motorcycles just to have more time for other things. This fall we have been derailed because of wife's heath, but in a few months we will be back at doing what ever we get at again. We still like to travel over seas alot so have to work a time table up to do it all.Plus two young grand children to spend time with.