cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling Mailbox and Florida Domicile

egrove
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Does anyone use Traveling Mailbox for mail forwarding and use one of their Florida addresses to establish domicile? I tried using their Tallahassee address but got push back from the local DMV as it wasn't a residential address. Traveling Mailbox claims other customers have used their Florida addresses to successfully establish domicile. I just don't know the "tricks" to make it happen and get the DMV to go for it.
Eric Grove
Dallastown, PA
2019 Tiffin Open Road Allegro 34PA

View an online map showing campgrounds in the US

Add a Visited States Map to your signature
9 REPLIES 9

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
We use the PassPort America/Good Sam service out of Crestview, FL. If a Good Sam member there's a discount.
When we changed from NY to FL the DMV required two two bill using the FL address.

It's now called MyRVmail.com (who now also handles Good Sams mail) and they've been great to work with. It was really easy to set up our domicile there last September. Use the DMV office in Crestview not the main office in Destin. Afterwards cross the hallway to finish setting up the domicile. Really easy.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with St Brendan's Isle.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the PassPort America/Good Sam service out of Crestview, FL. If a Good Sam member there's a discount.
When we changed from NY to FL the DMV required two two bill using the FL address.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
I have used this company for 11 years when I started using them they were the Goodsam mail forwarding company of choice - they have a range of services

American Home Base, Inc. Mail Forwarding Service
P.O. Box 2430
Pensacola, FL 32513
Telephone: (850) 857-0860
Fax: (850) 484-8661

Call them
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Another SBI user - great company. Can't go wrong with it.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I am a FL resident, but traveled or 13 months. I used St. Brendan's Isle in Green Cove Springs, FL. They did great.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
This thread talks about it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

egrove
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Use St Brendans Isle

That is what I ended up using, but can get much more affordable healthcare in the Tallahassee area vs. the Jacksonville area, that is why I was investigating going that route.
Eric Grove
Dallastown, PA
2019 Tiffin Open Road Allegro 34PA

View an online map showing campgrounds in the US

Add a Visited States Map to your signature

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Use St Brendans Isle
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch