cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We found out just this week that we can't buy a hand gun. We ordered one on Cabelas website and paid for it, went to pick it up in Rapid City SD cause that is our domicile location. When wr went to pick it up everything was fine till they seen our address was a PMB and said they would have to reimburse us because the ATF does not allow them to sell guns to anyone using the PMB cause that is just a temporary address. So what the heck. We vote here but can't buy a gun. Just venting. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
26 REPLIES 26

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We use Escapees for our domicile address, but always call it either # or Suite. Worked for all transactions for 7 years.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the Good Sam service out of Crestview, Florida and on all our legal paperwork we just use the "5753 Hwy 85 N #1234" and have had no issues as that is the address on our Florida Concealed Carry Permits.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
Thanks everyone! We did ask if using # or apt would work and they said no. They know Americas Mailbox is fulltime rvers!!

Then use a local shop, or a gun show to legally purchase what you want.
If they dont want your business on this transaction, remember that when looking for something else in the future.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try using "unit # 123" plus the street address.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! We did ask if using # or apt would work and they said no. They know Americas Mailbox is fulltime rvers!!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

I would suggest not using the term”PMB”. Instead just use #.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
caysea7254 wrote:
We found out just this week that we can't buy a hand gun. We ordered one on Cabelas website and paid for it, went to pick it up in Rapid City SD cause that is our domicile location. When wr went to pick it up everything was fine till they seen our address was a PMB and said they would have to reimburse us because the ATF does not allow them to sell guns to anyone using the PMB cause that is just a temporary address. So what the heck. We vote here but can't buy a gun. Just venting. Tara

Go to First Stop gun shop downtown Rapid City and ask them, they will give you the straight scoop.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I have found that when banks and other company need a address I do not include the PMB. On my IRS tax return I replace PMB with Apt. All works.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
When SD 'residents' we not only purchase 2 hand guns but also got our CCW using our 'SD Address"

Go to a Gun Store....not Cabela's
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
PMB = Private Mail Box ????

Yes Dakota post and some others issue your address as a PMB Private mail Box, for most transactions its no problem, but "SOME" people like making simple things hard.
Another option is to list your address as Box or apt # versus the PMB.

PMB = Private Mail Box ????
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Take heart, all is not lost, DC Screwups have not taken all your options.
SD upcoming gun shows
As a matter of fact, there is one in Rapid City next weekend.

Also check with a local gun shop, I doubt you will have a problem. The PMB is a legally valid address, you can get your taxes filed (federal since SD doesn't tax you) and even get passports and such that way.

Much like Dicks sporting goods removing many items, this is a corporate thing by big city companies giving those instructions to locations nationwide to appease locals in their urban settings.

Go have a ball.