cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well, Here We Go.....

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have had two snow events coupled with 40-50MPH east winds giving us this morning drifts in front of the car of about 18 inches. Of course in this area to get out of a prolonged cold snap requires an ice storm. Yup, you got it, this afternoon the ice started. So now it is 25 degrees raining and east wind of only 12MPH. Tomorrow is suppose to be more of the nasty stuff, then 45 by Monday. Oh the price for living in paradise.
I know this is not like the east coast but about the worst winter storm series we have had for about 5 years and this year we are living in the trailer. Oh well, not one frozen line in the trailer yet, and we are staying warm. What more could you as for?
11 REPLIES 11

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Peg Leg wrote:
My goodness, without global warming you guys would be ice cubes.

I REALLY REALLY wish we had a "like" button, or at least a "Giggle" button.

Suburban Chicago here. 24" permanent snow pack, plow drifts over five feet. -10 this morning (I walked our 3 dogs a mile) +5 now at 1 something PM....

Thank GOD for global warming, or climate change or whatever "they" are calling it today. were it not for "that" we'd be frozen and dead...
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
My older sister just moved a 5er into an Oregon RV Park on the edge of the Cascades last month. She's getting a taste of what we have here in Dodge City. Snowed early last week and has been so cold, it's still hanging around for a few more days. Earlier snow usually melted within a couple of days. And the cold comes and goes.

But at least this weekend WalMart semi-cleared the parking lot. Only a few vehicles couldn't see the yellow lines and parked in the driving lanes.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Gee, Donn......thanks a lot...your pineapple express made it over here....rain on top of 24" of beautiful powder....now RUINED !!!!!!!!
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Have had two snow events coupled with 40-50MPH east winds giving us this morning drifts in front of the car of about 18 inches. Of course in this area to get out of a prolonged cold snap requires an ice storm. Yup, you got it, this afternoon the ice started. So now it is 25 degrees raining and east wind of only 12MPH. Tomorrow is suppose to be more of the nasty stuff, then 45 by Monday. Oh the price for living in paradise.
I know this is not like the east coast but about the worst winter storm series we have had for about 5 years and this year we are living in the trailer. Oh well, not one frozen line in the trailer yet, and we are staying warm.

What more could you ask for?

Glad there were no locust or giant floods that you had to build an ark? :B

Stay warm nothing lasts forever.

Spring is right around the corner!!
39 days==3 hours==1 minute==32 seconds

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140320T1257&p0=418&msg=Countdown+till+Spring+2014

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Been a cool winter for the most part here in Mission Texas on the Rio Grande, but today is calling for 78 and tomorrow it's to hit 82 and be in the mid 70's to low 80's all week. 50's and 60's have been the norm for this winter. There have very few shirt sleeve and shorts days this winter. Yeah, we believe in the Global Warming crap, just not here in the Great State of Texas.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Sinnettc
Explorer
Explorer
We got 15" in Albany (OR) between the two storms, then freezing rain on top. It actually started breaking up around noon but with no plows it went from packed snow & ice to 4" deep ruts and loose snow/slush. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Really bad driving even with the truck in 4wd and chains on. The ruts were deep enough to high side a Honda prelude on one of the main streets. I tried to pull him out but the tow straps I thought were in the back were actually in the shed at home. The crappy little rope I had stretched and broke so I had to leave him to the mercy of some other good Samaritan. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Temp is holding at 32-33* so we'll see what happens tomorrow. If we get real rain, instead of freezing rain, we might actually be able to get to work on Monday.
1995 Chevy Silverado K1500 4x4 short bed
2010 Trail Cruiser 23QBC
2001 Catalina Capri 22 sailboat "Verboten"

GramaofAAAA
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the gorge and we have about 22-24" of snow and the ice just started a few hours ago. I'm sure the wind will arrive soon as well, I can say I've just about had enough....:( We are still in the house, but I look at the 5th wheel every day, and make plans. We hope to be FT by June 1st... I thought we we're going to have an easy winter, guess I thought too soon. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
My goodness, without global warming you guys would be ice cubes.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
It'll pass, and soon.

And when it does, you'll still be living in perhaps the most temperate climate in the whole U.S.of A.!

Not that we want the word to get out...;)
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could ask to be somewhere warm
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
Well, here in the Midwest we had record snowfall for the month of January and it just keeps snowing. Record cold as well with below zero temps for highs on some days and crazy windchill as low as -30 to -40 below at night. Heat bills about 40% higher than last year. I don't leave the dogs outside for more than just a few minutes in that cold.

As for me though, anything is better than an ice storm!

Stay safe and warm.
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.