cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are the best rV brands for fulltime

waysideny
Explorer
Explorer
Would like peoples Ideas about what RV's are the better quality for fulltime living.
22 REPLIES 22

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Consider a used Nuwa Hitchhiker fiver. We have been FT in ours for the past year ๐Ÿ™‚

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Most of us just keep getting bigger and bigger"

So true!!!

24', 28.5', 32.5', 36' and now 39.5' does this madness ever end???????
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

rdthompson1
Explorer
Explorer
A couple mentioned is a good place to start. Mobile suites is excellent and Open Range. You need to give more details to get a good answer. How much do you want to spend? What are you going to pull it with? What is available to you where you can reasonably get it and get repairs to it? MOST full timers want lots of room, especially storage. Some can get by with less than 30 feet. Whatever you get you will probably have for much less time than you plan. Try to get it right the first time. Most of us just keep getting bigger and bigger. That's just a hint.
Robin & Anita
1999 American tradition
300HP Cummins / 6 Spd Allison
2015 Mazda cx5 w/dolly

billy79
Explorer
Explorer
If you find a rig you like contact the manufacturer and ask if living in it full time voids the warranty. You would be amazed how many Fifth Wheels and TT's (not sure about motorhomes) will void the warranty if you live in it full time.

Any rig that won't stand behind their warranty if you live in it full time is probably not one you want to live full time in.

sushidog
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know DRV made a TT, just Fivers. It must have been some time ago. I do like DRVs though as they are very sturdily built, but they do require a substantial TV.

Chip
1999 National Tropical
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
Drv, we've owned 2 and would buy another

sushidog
Explorer
Explorer
The most common limiting factors you will find in finding a TT suitable to FT in are:

1. Not enough carrying capacity (low CCC) - Most FTing couples recommend 3,000lbs and up. Finding storage space to put 3,000 lbs of gear is a limiting factor too.
2. Poor insulation - look for upgraded insulation packages with thermal foil. heated holding tanks, an insulated compartment for valves, and double pane windows if possible.
3. Weight (and possibly tongue wt.) will be a limiting factor also, depending on what kind of TV you have. For a TT I recommend no less than a 3/4 ton, and a diesel if you can afford it.

If money is no object there are custom TT manufacturers, like Spacecraft, but their units are pricy even used, and some are very heavy, requiring a huge TV.
http://www.spacecraftmfg.com/

If you are looking for something more affordable I would recommend the Highland Ridge Open Range models http://www.highlandridgerv.com/journeyer/floorplans.php

I also like the Keystone Sprinter line for more affordable, yet decent quality trailers. http://www.highlandridgerv.com/journeyer/floorplans.php

Be sure and look at toy haulers too. I like the Work and Play line by Forest River as they are lighter, have good carrying capacities and a metal roof that won't need replacing every 12-20 years like EDPM roofs do. Here's my favorite model, the 36FKBS with a center bedroom and 2 slides, though it is a little on the heavy side, it is well made. http://www.dreamchasersrv.com/rv/WORK-AND-PLAY-36FKBS-TH0015241

Chip
1999 National Tropical
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
mikensallyt wrote:
That's an easy question. All of them are IMHO

That is probably the most accurate answer you will get on this forum from us "experts".

Suggestions from someone that you shouldn't get anything with a rubber roof for full time use because they are not quality RV's is just a small example of the goofy statements that will flow through this topic.

There are a lot of full timers out there in everything from 20 year old TT's to $1,000,000 MH's and everything in between.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"If it has a rubber roof, keep looking as it's not a quality rig" Not always true.

New 39TKSB3 Mobile Suites. I chose not to get the Fiberglass roof. Too many problems and the warranty was not even close to the rubber.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
sdianel wrote:
Foretravel, Newell, Newmar, Country Coach, Entegra, American Coach, Tiffin.

Did not know all of these manufactures made trailers????
If it has a rubber roof, keep looking as it's not a quality rig.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

If buying new asked if the warranty is voided if you fulltime in it, some makers will void it if you do.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

et2
Explorer
Explorer
How much do you wish to spend. I bet if you give people a better idea it would help. Otherwise everything is speculation.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you're not going to travel I would suggest getting a Park Model and a permanent space in a park. Then if you want to travel a little you could get something very small and economical.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Foretravel, Newell, Newmar, Country Coach, Entegra, American Coach, Tiffin.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi