cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do you stay between sites?

vandave
Explorer
Explorer
This may sound like a silly question but our first time to go south is in January. We have reserved one site for January and another site about 250 miles for February. Since my last day is January 31 at one site and the first day at the next site is February 1st where should I stay the night of the 31st? What have you found works best for you? Thanks for taking the time to send a reply.
Vanda and Dave Ludwig (Vandave) Spoiled King Charles Spaniel, Ultra spoiled Cock-a-Poo
8 REPLIES 8

Hurricaneray
Explorer
Explorer
I'll agree If your last day is the 31ST then your departure would be checking out most park 11 o'clock. So Feb 1ST. problem resolve.
BE Safe be seen put on the Beams.:)

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
usnret wrote:
If you can't extend your stay or check in early cheek to see if there is a CG along the way. We often stay at wally world, travel centers, or rest areas along the way.

Ditto. But I would probably try to drive the 250 miles.

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Agree if you did book for the month of January, your last night should be the 31st, not last day.

However having said that, it may be nice to shorten your drive on the 1st by finding a campground a couple hours away to spend the night of the 31st.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

vandave
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information.
Vanda and Dave Ludwig (Vandave) Spoiled King Charles Spaniel, Ultra spoiled Cock-a-Poo

usnret
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't extend your stay or check in early cheek to see if there is a CG along the way. We often stay at wally world, travel centers, or rest areas along the way.
USNRET
Jim & Judy
2009 Ram 3500 Dually LB
2011 Cardinal 3425RT
The Meandering Maddox's Blog
The Call to Serve

"Heaven must need a hero"

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
If you have booked for the month of Jan. Then you don't need to leave till Feb.1. You will be fine. Enjoy your time:)
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Check to see if you can stay an extra night or if you can arrive a day early. If neither of those work there's always Walmart, Cracker Barrel, or http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the campgrounds around here are "by the night" thus eliminating your problems. Are you sure yours is not the same?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."