Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duh! Only in Canada, eh.

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Click

I'd like ta meet this guy, but not on the road.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)
8 REPLIES 8

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
All he needed to be perfectly legal was a single bale of hay in the trailer. Then he was transporting farm goods and anything goes.

That dolly with the onboard air is not something that was rigged up for this. Saw two of them sell at a nearby auction last spring. Pretty sure they're normally used behind tractors.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
At least he couldn't drop the trailer like so many on Bone Head Truckers youtube channel.
Puma 30RKSS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was all in until I see the pin! At least use a larger pin or better yet a pintle hitch! Otherwise I donโ€™t see an issue with the rest of it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
DUH ! WE GOT IDIOTS IN THE STATES ALSO !

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
he had air brakes working for the trailer, but did he have his air brakes endorsement ๐Ÿ˜‰ . but ya my first thought was he is overlength on the trailer maximum length for a bumper tow in bc is 41 feet and combined depending how Ontario does their laws. and probably over weight by the manufacturers tow ratings haha
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
So what's the problem? An empty 53' is about 10,000 pounds, maybe 12,000 with his adapter rig. He had brakes. There's very little tongue weight so not overloading the truck. I don't think the hitch is illegal, lots of farm and construction things use that. Was he just overlength? I don't know Canadian laws.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Crazy

Now watch what murikans do :B

https://youtu.be/L0NUAeSawd4

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
He'd been OK if he had a one ton.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu