cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'03 4 Winds 5000 21RB Chevy chassis 79k mi. what's it worth?

nadsab
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,

I was wondering what it might be worth? Anyone have an idea?

There is a minor roof leak above the shower where the skylight is - its common I hear. I usually use some self-leveling compound in spring to seal it up.

Anyway It has almost new load range E tires, and the engine and chassis are in great shape...all it needs today is a new house battery - generator works.

Its on the Chevy express 3500 van chassis, floor plan is the one with closet and bathroom in the rear.

Anyone have an idea as to what it's worth? I'm in Michigan.
2003 Four Winds Five Thousand, 21RB, 23.5', Chevy Express 3500 chassis
8 REPLIES 8

nadsab
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the good advice all. Yeah that over 10K figure is for one with a good condition roof. Well I can surely work on it next spring and repair it myself I'm handy it's just the time that is the issue right now. So I think I'll just ask 5k for it and if I can't sell it ill just keep it till next spring and fix it up. With the roof fixed and new linoleum instead of the old carpet it should fetch 10-15 k with the low miles. The tires are about a year old only a couple of thousand miles on them we paid 1200 for the set I think.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:
There is no such thing as a minor roof leak. What is the manufacturer built date on the tires.

Be prepared to reply to the above from any serious shopper.

Roof leaks don't get to be called minor or major in my opinion. If it leaked, game over for me. The market is flooded (pun) right now with used units. Loans % are ridiculous.

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
Well, first off it's 20 years old. Has the roof been leaking for 6 months, or 6 years? A minor leak inside can hide a lot of damage between the roof and the ceiling. Water can leak in and travel a long way before leaking inside. Are you able to tear the roof and maybe the walls apart to repair the damage yourself?
Any 20 year old RV will have water damage of some sort. If you want a project, go for it. Offer low.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
There is no such thing as a minor roof leak. What is the manufacturer built date on the tires.

Be prepared to reply to the above from any serious shopper.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Looks like NADA (jd power) has it between $4,000 - $5,000. Mileage and the roof leak are factors. A few on line for sale range between $16,000 and $20,000.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

nadsab
Explorer
Explorer
OK thanks Way2 - tires are nearly new in great shape.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
It's worth what someone is willing to pay. I would suggest looking at NADA, KBB etc to get a value, as well as CL, FB marketplace, RV trader etc to see what units like yours are selling for. Deduct a considerable amount for the roof leak. You said you sealed it up but is there damage from the leak - rot or mold? With a fairly saturated market of used RV's and money being expensive right now those factors will come into play. Someone expects tires to be in good shape and will deduct from the price accordingly if they aren't, so having new ones on doesn't increase the price, it just keeps it from deducting from the value.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS