cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1987 Suncrest with Ford 350 Econoline

TheHoleNamedMoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, I am new to the forum! Just acquired an 87 Suncrest built on a Ford 350 Econoline from my parents and have never owned a motorhome before. My boyfriend and I are looking to fix her up a bit, the roof is leaking, the auto switch for the gas tank doesn't work, but can be done manually, and various other little things. The main issue is the roof as my parents live in SoCal where it never rains, and we live in NorCal where it always rains... my boss (who may be on this forum) has suggested dicor lap sealant and eternabond for fixing the roof, but I'm looking for any and all suggestions you gurus may have. I'm not even sure what the roof is made of.. and the internet/google has not been my friend so far. Hoping for some help!
Btw her name is Moose (:
----
Kenzie & Bridger
4 REPLIES 4

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ask him if the forward fuel pump is mechanical, mounted to the engine, or electric, mounted to the frame, probably near the select switch.
You may be interested in This Thread

Following is a diagram of the setup we had on our 1983 460. Notice a pump in each tank, but no others.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

TheHoleNamedMoo
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so my dad said "Yes pump per tank and there is an auxiliary pump under near the front. You can see it hanging down if you look under" and that the switch only works if the engine is off right now but it should work while driving. I'll have to get a photo bucket or something to post pictures, I think. So I'll post the roof pictures later. I can't walk on it so they are kind of hard to see. Thanks!

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
TheHoleNamedMoose wrote:
the auto switch for the gas tank doesn't work, but can be done manually Kenzie & Bridger

You're talking "gas tank" for the Engine, right? Which Engine do you have? Could be a 351 or more likely a 460. Ford used carbureted engines in those years, with a number of fuel tank and pump arrangements. Dual tanks? Single tank? Engine mounted mechanical fuel pump? Electric pump(s) in the tank(s)?

If Moose has two tanks, the switching between them is always done by the driver. Nothing automatic about it. Flipping the switch selects the tank, applies power to that tank's pump, and shows you that tank's fuel level on the gauge.

We had a 1983 E350 with 460 engine, dual tanks, no engine mounted pump, electric pump on each tank, and a six-port tank control valve. A supply line and a return from/to each tank, then supply and return to/from the engine. That part of ours always worked, but the power supply to the pumps gave us problems...

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome aboard! Can you take a couple pix of Moose's Roof, and post them here?