cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1991 roadtrek monitor not showing "c" on shore power

Gauf
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Newby just bought 91 roadtrek home n park. getting familiar with how things work. I noticed that when I check the tank and battery monitor it doesnt seem to work (battery read only, tanks do work on dc) unless it is plugged into shore power. I believe when on shore ac, the monitor should read "c" for charge, but it does not, although it does show the battery at "G" for good. The fridge is working on shore power so I know I have juice. Do I need a new monitor?
2 REPLIES 2

Explorer
Explorer
Is the battery charging while plugged in even though the monitor panel does not show "C"? Put a voltage meter to the coach battery after you have been plugged in for at least 12 hours and see what it reads. If it is charging then there may be a problem with the monitor panel or the connection to the panel from the battery.

It is not really clear though about what you are saying about what happens when - when on battery only - battery switch on - do all the monitor leds that are supposed to light light up - fresh water, grey tank, black tank, propane, and Battery?

The manual for the 1991 is sparse - as were most of the early manuals. No photos and barely a description. Here is a link to the manual.
http://www.roadtrek.com/_Uploads/manuals/Roadtrek_Owners_Manual_1991_(01)_All_Models.PDF
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

larnbarb
Explorer
Explorer
Roadtrek.com. Used to provide manuals and brochures for model year 1990 on. This might help if you don't have a manual.