cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 32 G for purchase. I would like to know if anyone had any major issues with this model Winnebago? Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Cousin_Eddie93
Explorer
Explorer
Also if it has cabover, be sure to remove the bedding and check for moisture or any water damage underneith especially in the corners. Black mold is dead giveaway for water intrusion.

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Would disagree have a 31' Mini Winni 2004 and it's a great size. Really is 32'. Just as above do a very good inspection or pay to have one done if your not versed on most all systems. If you do purchase I would install the 5 star tune to keep the trans from shifting at each little freeway overpass and have a little more power plus maybe a bit better fuel mileage.

LEN

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a 2004 29B with no problems. Check it over close, and if you don't feel comfortable walk away or get someone to help you check it out. I feel 32 feet is to large for a class c if you want that big go for a class a. I now have a 2006 and I sure like the new transmission that ford put in starting with 2005. Dick

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Because of what Stacey posted I want to give a thought. We had a new AC installed and probably 2 winters later a noise was coming from the AC. This was in October so the AC was needed. I had the fridge doors changed to a left side hinge and the same man came that installed the AC. The comment was made about the noise and he tighten the 4 screws. So maybe this should be checked after a new AC has been replaced. Rubber gasket that compresses is the method to keep water on the outside.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
stripit wrote:
Just becuse there was/are water stains doesn't make it a piece of junk. On my 2007 Winnebago 29B while driving in a terrible rain storm we started to get water stains around the a/c unit discharge in the ceiling. Once we stopped for the day I removed the a/c cover and found the 4 bolts holding the a/c unit to the roof were loose. I tightened them up and have been working on removing the stain for a while now. Nothing is wrong with the ceiling, no wood rot and no real problems, just the ceiling got wet. After that tightening no further water has made it in. We bought ours as a very low mileage used unit last year, it had 18,000 miles and was in excellent shape and still is, except for the slight stain of the ceiling.

True. But for a prospective buyer, water stains are an indicator to look VERY HARD for bigger problems. Not every owner is as conscientious as you were about fixing leaks.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Just becuse there was/are water stains doesn't make it a piece of junk. On my 2007 Winnebago 29B while driving in a terrible rain storm we started to get water stains around the a/c unit discharge in the ceiling. Once we stopped for the day I removed the a/c cover and found the 4 bolts holding the a/c unit to the roof were loose. I tightened them up and have been working on removing the stain for a while now. Nothing is wrong with the ceiling, no wood rot and no real problems, just the ceiling got wet. After that tightening no further water has made it in. We bought ours as a very low mileage used unit last year, it had 18,000 miles and was in excellent shape and still is, except for the slight stain of the ceiling.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
look for water stains along the ceiling, if there there ? RUN also the age of the tires ,no matter how good they look rubber rots if there more that 5yrs old they need to be replaced ,ask lot a questions ,the more you ask most people love to talk about there rv.