cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 Freelander - water operating questions

mgharrison
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to help a newbie in the park today... 2007 Freelander 27'. How do you switch from city water to onboard water?
Thx
8 REPLIES 8

alliemac9
Explorer
Explorer
Mich F wrote:
mgharrison wrote:
That's probably right, since there's not a separate place to add water to tank. I don't have any experience with a c class.

That doesn't sound right. I believe there should be a valve to switch or separate connections to fill tank or use city water.

mgharrison is right - there is only one fill port on these coaches and no gravity fill. The city water fill is the only port, and changing the water panel knobs determines whether it fills the water tank or is set to provide water to the plumbing.

There was a really recent thread that (I'm hoping, but haven't tested the knowledge yet) taught me a new way to use the pump to suck liquid in (i.e. from a jug - an option for adding water when boondocking given the lack of gravity fill). Here's the recent post, which would be worth sharing with the new owner:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29186615.cfm
2007 Coachmen Freelander 2430DB + 2 dogs

alliemac9
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Freelander. The water panel on the exterior of the rig should have a good description of which way the two valves need to point for each scenario. City and pump are the same - both knobs pointed up. Then it's just a matter of turning the water pump on at the control panel inside.
2007 Coachmen Freelander 2430DB + 2 dogs

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
My 2010 Freelander has two water fills--one for tank and one for CG water. There are two valves that have to be set right for the needed function.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
On my unit the tank fill in on the passenger side of the unit, the fresh water hose connection is on the drives side. Once I fill the tank, I then switch on the pump and draw off the onboard tank. I disconnect or shut off the hose connection.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
mgharrison wrote:
That's probably right, since there's not a separate place to add water to tank. I don't have any experience with a c class.

That doesn't sound right. I believe there should be a valve to switch or separate connections to fill tank or use city water.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Probably just turn on the pump. turn off the city water supply and try it. Of course, you need to have some water in the fresh tank.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

mgharrison
Explorer
Explorer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Can you just disconnect or turn off the city water supply and turn on the pump?
That may be all it takes.