cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 RT 19P Bumper Removal

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
The previous owner of my 2008 RT 19P apparently hit some concrete with the front of his bumper and broke the plastic cowling underneath in a few places.

Our son is capable and willing to repair it but he needs to remove the bumper to get it into his garage to make the repair over the winter. We have not been able to see any access points to remove bolts to get the bumper off.

Anyone know how to remove the front bumper so we can get it repaired and put back on before spring?
5 REPLIES 5

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
His is a 2008, I pretty sure it's different than yours.

mycopsycho
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadtrek wrote:
The ground effects is just held on with tape it that's what you need to remove.

Not anymore. My ground effects cover has screws and rivets on the fenders wrap around and along the under edge of the chrome bumper. Kind of hard to describe but I've crawled around under it just to see how hard it would be to remove. I hate the ground effects. It makes it difficult to drive up on a hoist/lift for servicing. One day I'll do it.
2015 Roadtrek 190 Popular
Prev: Arctic Fox 25R, Bigfoot 21, Bigfoot 19

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
The ground effects is just held on with tape it that's what you need to remove.

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our '05 210 has two somewhat indistinct "dimples" in the plastic bumper where drilling in that spot leads to the regular bracket mounting holes. I actually think the rig would look better with no "ground effects" but just never bothered to take the whole thing off. If I ever did smash up the plastic I'd just leave it off and not replace it...
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

mycopsycho
Explorer
Explorer
When I got my '15 RT 190P back to Colorado after picking it up in Spokane, WA, I discovered that the front bumper didn't have a license plate bracket. I took it to a body shop since access to the backside of the bumper was difficult from underneath the van. I watched a body tech start to snap off parking light units and the grill in a matter of minutes. He stripped the whole thing down with little effort and then had access to the backside of the bumper making it a lot easier to access the original license bracket holes in the bumper (covered up by the ground effects plastic). I think I had noticed also that the mounting bolts for the bumper were also accessible. I would like to remove the ground effects covering eventually to give more clearance in the front and easier access to the front underside.
2015 Roadtrek 190 Popular
Prev: Arctic Fox 25R, Bigfoot 21, Bigfoot 19