cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a "+" to the B - We are changing rigs

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
So, after more than a decade and 100,000 miles travelling all of North America, we've bid farewell to our Roadtrek. Needed a little more elbow room, so we've moved into a new Coachmen Prism "B+". I know, I know, it's actually a C, since it's on a Sprinter cab & chassis platform, but I've been part of the "B" community for so long I just gotta compromise and call it a "B+"...! :B

So it's time for a new chapter to begin - will likely still wander over to this section from time to time. Heck, I still visit the truck camper section pretty regularly and we traded the Northstar in when we got the Roadtrek! So still on the forum, just not so much in Camper Van section! Happy travels! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's
9 REPLIES 9

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all - we don't have anywhere near enough miles on the new B+/C-(!) yet to know regarding a toad - will see how the bigger than a B rig does getting around, but our Suby Forester would work in that capacity, and was certainly a thought during the process! NCWriter - side note - thanks for your tips on Newfie adventure - spent 5 weeks there early this past summer in the B - lots of 'bergs! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Like GailS, been thinking about it, but haven't done anything yet...busy moving into a new house and having work done on it. But sure would be nice to have a little more room for the third (canine) passenger for our future long trips.

Do any of you feel the need to tow a dinghy?

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Like GailS, we also swapped our wonderful Roadtrek 210 for a Phoenix Cruiser. Life styles change, particularly with retirement. I suspect in a few years we will be back to a B because we will change our lifestyle a little more as we age. Since we spend more and more time in one spot (two weeks boondocking by a stream at 8000 feet in the NM mountains this summer), a B can get a little small.

In a few years, we will probably buy a Roadtrek 190 or equivalent and tour more, camp less. Until then, our Phoenix Cruiser 2350 really fits us well.

Paul
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same thing this spring. We enjoyed the 10 years, 100,000 miles we traveled in our 2005 LTV. Our travel lifestyle has also changed. We purchased a Phoenix Cruiser small C and are looking forward to enjoying its comforts.

Happy travels to you.

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I googled the RV. Nice Rig. Yeah, my girlfriend did not like the room in my Class B so she bought herself a Class B plus (Really a C). See signature. A happy girlfriend, a happy life? ๐Ÿ˜›
I never got a B+ in school so that is why a got one.
So big a world, so little time to see.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I googled the RV. Nice Rig. Yeah, my girlfriend did not like the room in my Class B so she bought herself a Class B plus (Really a C). See signature. A happy girlfriend, a happy life? ๐Ÿ˜›
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting designation; our early-80s Chinook 18+ was considered a B+, but I always thought of it as a small C. ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy your new rig!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
We went to a 29 ft.three slides, B+, drives like a dream. Keeps wife on the road also.
So big a world, so little time to see.

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same thing last year, buying a PW Pursuit to replace our old Excel Class B. We miss things about our old van, you will too. The full size shower and big refrigerator are nice and we don't have to clean up in campground bathrooms. It suits our needs now. Good luck with your new rig.