Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

appreciate ure input.

Texas_Hill_Coun
Explorer
Explorer
a couple of question:
1. do not understand what a sprinter is. does sprinter mean a specific mfg.?
2. just purchased a used 2006 m/b, airstream from the original owner in Malibu, ca. has not turned 17k miles yet; always garaged, fully loaded and always svc'ed by m/b dealer.
never been sleep n, never been cooked n.
I paid $56,500 4 it. I have big shoulders, so pls. weight n on me critically!!! what r ure thought w/regard the unit and what I paid?

thank u...bob

Moved to Class B MH forum from DIY.

9 REPLIES 9

gdoug83
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Hill Country wrote:

1. do not understand what a sprinter is. does sprinter mean a specific mfg.?

And if you want the long version: Sprinter-Wiki
Doug
2010 RT RS Adventurous
Sprinter 3500

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
There talking about an Airstream Class B, built on a Sprinter chassis.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're talking about the Sprinter van, the info posted above is correct. I don't know what Airstreams go for so if you like the trailer, then it's a good deal, they make great stuff and have a very loyal following. They're not my cup of tea however because I like a LOT of room with slide outs, etc.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
A Sprinter is quite simply a Mercedes Benz van. Always has been. In the past it has been badged for sale as a Dodge or Freightliner. It is still badged as a Freightliner (owned by Mercedes). In all the badges past and present there is no differences in the vans other than some minor cosmetic changes like name badges and front grill design. Mercedes divested Chrysler/Dodge in 2010. Fiat took majority ownership and now Dodge markets a Ducato as a Promaster. The Promaster has been "Americanized" differently than other European vans. Dodge made no changes to the Sprinter when they were marketing it. The Sprinter was never a Dodge but in name only.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Texas_Hill_Coun
Explorer
Explorer
thank u all...bob

Texas_Hill_Coun
Explorer
Explorer
thank u all...bob

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Roman Duck wrote:
OK, a sprinter is the chassis manufacture, quite often can be built by Dodge, Mercedes, and Freightliner.
Airstream is a top of line RV, the value is what you think it's worth. Sure you probably will see better deals, but there might be reasons for the better deal. Maybe concealed damages, or more miles. In the end if your happy with it, then don't worry if you got a good deal or not. Enjoy what you have and don't think about the what ifs.

Just to add, Keystone makes a line of travel trailers named Sprinter.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I've never liked Class B or Van Conversions due to what I consider the high purchase price. I realize people have specific reasons for buying Class B type RVs and understand their needs.

For me I would much rather buy a class A for the same price to have lots of space and comfort for my recreation.

I do like the looks of the Airstream M/B units. Enjoy it.

Roman_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
OK, a sprinter is the chassis manufacture, quite often can be built by Dodge, Mercedes, and Freightliner.
Airstream is a top of line RV, the value is what you think it's worth. Sure you probably will see better deals, but there might be reasons for the better deal. Maybe concealed damages, or more miles. In the end if your happy with it, then don't worry if you got a good deal or not. Enjoy what you have and don't think about the what ifs.
"You never fail until you stop trying!!"
My advice is free but I do consider donations