Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back windows leakin Ford E350

telemark1qc
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,

I have a Pleasureway excell on a Ford e350 body. I have noticed a very small water leak under very heavy rain fall on one of the back doors. These are genuine Ford doors. They are not part of the pleasureway modified body. The water seems to leak through the small holes around the windows where there are no bolts. I am thinking of using exterior window sealer to fill these holes what do you think about this idea.

Thank you

Joe
2 REPLIES 2

telemark1qc
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Bill for your advise

Enjoy the season and be safe on the road

Joe

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Joe before you do anything park it with the back doors facing the sun. Crawl back and look for light seeping thru the smallest crack. Especially where the doors have rounded corners. The OEM rubber seals get compressed over the years. I had to add some half inch wide rubber seal material (sticky on one side) across the top and around the radius. Apply it to the body, not the door. A roll cost $3. at Lowes. If the leak is truely at the window (not as likely because they use an amazing amount of sticky tar like sealant) you can put a thin bead around the outside of the window. Camping world sells an excellent sealant for windows and trim that costs less than $10 for a large cartridge and is very easy to apply. Clean the surface with acetone or mineral spirits first.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂