Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Brake controller

How can I find out if my 2002 Gulf stream conquest ford super duty450 on a f53 chassis was factory wired for a brake controller? If not can anyone tell me how to do this?:h

beeman1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Class A Wintrizing

I am winterizing my Class A. I have the electronic stabilizing jacks. Should I raise those for the winter and let the RV sit on the wheels? We have had several 5th wheels but this is our first Class A. Thanks!!

hhr9ld by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator not working with inverter/charger

I hoping someone has had this issue before and can give me some advice. We have a 38' Fleetwood Expedition Diesel Pusher. We are using a 8000 watt Onan Generator with a Magnum MS2012 Inverter/charger.The Generator starts up just fine with no issues...

Mahikoa by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Winnebago Journey steering upgrades

We have a Winnebago Journey 35 ft 2005.Looking for information regarding steering suspension upgrades. Trying to minimize the rolling and porposing issues. Crosswind improvements, and over all ride quality.Any information about what is available, and...

Flyjay by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone check the temperature of their brakes

Are there any of you that have checked the temperature of your disk brakes after 30 or 45 minutes of heavy use. Are the front and rear disk about the same temperature and what temperature were they?

Tinstar by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Pre-Purchase Inspection Ashland,VA

We live in Oregon and are considering buying a 2008 Newmar Grand Star FRED from a dealer in Ashland VA. Can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic in the area who could go to the dealer and check this out to the extent possible. I would like the mechanic...

Ford 460 (F53) running hot

Hello all,Hoping this is the right forum for this. I recently purchased a '94 Holiday Rambler Imperial 37' with 60,000 miles. I've put about 300 miles on it so far, and noticed that it seems to run uncomfortably hot. I notice maybe a 10 degree differ...

rvinit by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Banks System?

My 2000 Fleetwood Bounder with Ford V10 is running fine but now has 50,000 miles on it. Should I be considering an overhaul and if so do you think I should spring for the Banks System? I realize I may be a little paranoid but I can't stop worrying ab...

Paul1944 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

square pannel on front of slide out post

I have a 2012 daybreak from thor motor home while traveling one of my covers on the front of the slide out post came off. Been dealing with Thor since July. last week they stated they lost the mold for the part. and could not help me. Anyone gut any ...

Selling An RV

DO NOT USE RVREGISTRY - it is a rip off. Trying to sell our Class A motorhome, we signed up and paid a considerable sum of money to have RVRegistry list our motorhome on their web site. Their agents said that they sell 80% of their listed RVs within...

flabound by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

window valance accent lighting

I have removed my window valances to have them re covered. They do have rope lighting on them. It works "okay"...needs an occasional love tap on a section or two to light up. I'm just wondering if there is newer more reliable lighting designed for th...

RicB by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bilstein Steering stabilizer

Had an alignment on my 2016 Forester Ford E450 and the shop recommended getting a different steering stabilizer. Has anyone seen a difference in handling with the Bilstein? I eventually want to change the shocks to Bilsteins also. I had them on my Wi...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes