Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Samurai Toad

For those in Western Washington this might be of some interest. I regularly have guys wanting to buy my Samurai to use as a toad. NO WAY (-:.The last two days I have driven by one parked in someones front yard on the Mt Baker highway just outside of ...

Another tire question

Just down the road from my house is a small mom/pop style tire shop.I stopped in today and they have a set of firestone tansforce radials that will fit my coach. The problem I see is the load listed on them,my current tires are just over 3000 lbs eac...

2Bargos by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

New Windshield Seals

My coach is 10 years old and my last winter trip to Arizona caused my windshield seals to shrink causing a small water leak! I called a windshield repair service called Novus to come out and give me a estimate on a new windshield seal replacement! No...

Transmission dipstick

I have a 1998 Winnebago Brave with a 7.5L V-8 (Ford F-53). The transmission dipstick has come up missing. According to Ford, the part is obsolete and unavailable from them.I am open to any tips or ideas as to how to find one, or make one, if I knew t...

Colorado to Michigan

Planning our trip to Indiana/Michigan and looking for some road information. I am South of Colorado Springs and was planning on stopping in Lincoln, Nebraska so MapQuest gave me the following route...I-70 East to US-24 to Kansas 383 which connects to...

pappaone by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

wind

going down the road at 60 MPH how much dirrerence does the big over hang on the C compare to the smaller sloped over hang on the B plus? aaaall anserwers are greately apprecetaded thank you thanks for the replies. it wasn't the gas mileage but the ho...

cannonss by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Persistent slide leak

We have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador, 40', with 4 slides.We developed a leak in one of our bedroom slides over a year ago. We took it to an ex-Monaco shop, supposedly very knowledgeable. They propped a hose on a ladder and doused it good, then d...

Battery dieing!

Hey all, I've got a 2008 Ford E 450 V-10, We had a cold winter here in Michigan, my battery died, no biggy went and got a brand new, put it in, the unit has been sitting, nothing running and the new battery is dead, put it on a tester Dead.So I come ...

TPMS sensor failed

Took my MH out of storage the other day and the tires all checked OK on the TPMS monitor. Got home and 2 hrs later I drove off to put it back in storage and a low tire warning went off. My pass side inside rear dual read 82 psi. I took it to a truck ...

Snomas by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

What do you do with your trailer when you get to campground?

I keep going back and forth between a toy hauler vs class A with trailer. We like the idea of the toy hauler for carrying our motorcylce and the spare room in the back for kids and guest. The problem is that I don't have truck enough for most of the...

Vt_Rv by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

F53 cruise started working intermittently

On the last few days of a 3,000 trip, sometimes my cruise would not engage.This Ford system does not show an icon on the dash when the system is ON - it only illuminates the icon when it is ON and engaged. Therefore, I don't know which part of the pr...

spotrot by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

circuit breakers

just got my new (used)rv new to me a first timer it,s a 2001 four winds 34 foot 34,000 miles on it.my question is I can,t seem to find the circuit breaker box my back air condition is not working I can hear it click on but nothing else Iwas wanting t...

gkime by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Considering 2000 Georgetown 346S vs 2003 Damon Challenger

I've found two units I'm considering. First is a 2003 Damon Challenger. One owner although the male died 4 years ago and it's been setting since. Needs tires, house batteries and a good cleaning. It has a workhorse chassis and seems to run and drive ...

Vt_Rv by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Roadtrek Sprinter at air show

We are planning on going to the Vero Beach Air Show. Parking is free. Do you think we will have a problem with the "powers that be" parking there? It says no RV's. We do have a canopy, but of course will not put it out.