cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying 2015 Road Trek or Airstream Interstat

kannon
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody have an idea of how much of a discount I should be looking for on either Road Trek or Interstate,2015 model?.MSRP dealers are showing is about 150K.On my purchases of Class A's in the past,I could expect 25-30%.But there was more $'s involved.
37 REPLIES 37

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I was also wondering if You are getting the ERA without the stripes there by making it more stealthy?

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations Kannon. I'm sure you're going to love your ERA. What are you going to do with all the money you saved?

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
After seeing DavyDD's Alvar in person, I can say it's got the highest quality interior for an RV I've ever been in, B's, C's and 5th wheels, with everything very well thought out. Each subsequent one built will be better still.

Nothing wrong with PleasureWays, except they are starting to get behind in the design and execution of their equipment.

Leisure Travel B's are excellent also, but the trouble with them is Leisure has had to quit making them because their Class C units have become so popular. Hope that's a temporary condition.
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wincrasher65 wrote:
If you want to make bold proclamations about quality, here's one for you - Winnebago Travato is the highest quality RV I've ever experienced! It's not had one single breakdown that required a trip to the dealer. The chassis had provided the promised MPG and performance without a single issue.
That doesn't say much for the RVs you have previously had. I would say this applies to many class B owners in the first year.

In fact in 10 years and 124K miles we have never had a breakdown that required a trip to the dealer. The closest was the "infamous" Sprinter turbo resonator that failed, but we were able to drive from Nova Scotia to Boston to get it fixed under warranty. And this was after 50K miles and three years.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
kannon wrote:
Bought the Winnebago ESA c70 diesel.
I think that might be the ERA 70C...
- Our Blog -

kannon
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your help.Bought the Winnebago ESA c70 diesel.Discount from MSRP was 18%.La Mesa has an RV show at Pima Fairgrounds.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Wincrasher65,

In all due respect you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Advanced RV or anything about their pricing. If ARV built a B apples to apples in features they would sell under an Airstream. They won't as they and their customers have no interest in that. Quality goes beyond the cabinets which is something few can understand because you will never find that from a dealer network driven competitive market. This is my third B after two good ones in Pleasure-way and Great West Van. No comparison.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
wincrasher65 wrote:
The Interstate is probably the least attractive B out there from a value perspective.

Not much technology incorporated, yet priced like they do. Just to compare, you can basically get an E-Trek for what Airstream wants for their van.

X2.

There are a few improvements with the Interstate, but (JMHO, of course) you are paying a Cadillac price for a Buick. Unless one can get a steep discount (and I'm meaning significant like 20% or more), I'd get something that is actually awe-inspiring similar to Davydd's Alvar.

After a bit of poking around, I may backtrack alittle on the Interstate. I really like the Grand Tour, their new model. It's a similar layout to the ARV, but with a couch in the back.

At around $140-145k out the door, it's ALOT less than an ARV. More like $40k to $50k less. To me, that is not the same neighborhood.

Additionally, everyone bandies about the "quality" of ARV. Yes they have features, and yes they have high end formed cabinetry, but that is not quality. Quality is how well it's bolted together, and how long it remains problem free. The track record is just not there yet to make these bold proclamations. Incorporating alot of tech is one thing, ensuring it will give problem free service for along time is another. Time will tell, I'm sure.

If you want to make bold proclamations about quality, here's one for you - Winnebago Travato is the highest quality RV I've ever experienced! It's not had one single breakdown that required a trip to the dealer. The chassis had provided the promised MPG and performance without a single issue.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

TheCabin
Explorer
Explorer
We also have been looking for one. So far in my opinion the LTV B+s are great but have a very long build time. The other production builds are all about the same just differing in flash. The Roadtrek stands out in really good electrical components and build.

avanti
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 2005 Interstate for 8 years. They have good designs and reasonably high quality materials. We liked ours very much. But, like all Thor products, they have serious workmanship problems. It took us years to sort ours out. When it was time to replace it, we looked at current-production AIs, and it was clear that things haven't improved much. We ended up with a customized Great West Vans Legend LE. Very happy with it.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:
Since everyone is pitching their brand I'll join in. 🙂 Leisure Travel Vans is one of the quality converters also. 124K miles on ours and would make the same choice again.

There are a lot of choices, it all depends on your preferences and financial resources. But with the price of B's these days, it is very important to make sure the model you choose meets your needs.

I agree. See my submission re Free Spirit SS

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
kannon wrote:
I was considering the Interstate because Lazy Days has them in Tucson,not too far from Oro Valley.La Mesa is also here and I am going to look at the E-trek.I have bought from La Mesa before.The biggest issue for me is to get a model that looks like a van and not an RV so I can park it in my driveway.My last MH was parked indoors at a facility 45 min. from home and besides being expensive was a pain to bring it home to load up.I like the idea, if the spirit moves me to jump into the van and go somewhere.
I guess I have to look at the Winnebago as well.Thanks for heads up.

The Leisure Travel Van Free Spirit SS has a slideout and great rear bathroom and, it is made in my home province of Manitoba. Canadian dollars are some 20percent lower too. Worth considering. Great company been around 50 years and great quality and support. IMHO
AL
PS And I have a Pleasure-way--also quality built. BTW I like my galley on the passenger side so I can look out into the camping area and my table etc and not the neighbours sewer hookup.Just saying..
PPS If I had the money I would certainly go for an Advance RV customized rig but, sigh, I have other fish to fry....!!

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
wincrasher65 wrote:
The Interstate is probably the least attractive B out there from a value perspective.

Not much technology incorporated, yet priced like they do. Just to compare, you can basically get an E-Trek for what Airstream wants for their van.

X2.

There are a few improvements with the Interstate, but (JMHO, of course) you are paying a Cadillac price for a Buick. Unless one can get a steep discount (and I'm meaning significant like 20% or more), I'd get something that is actually awe-inspiring similar to Davydd's Alvar.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Since everyone is pitching their brand I'll join in. 🙂 Leisure Travel Vans is one of the quality converters also. 124K miles on ours and would make the same choice again.

There are a lot of choices, it all depends on your preferences and financial resources. But with the price of B's these days, it is very important to make sure the model you choose meets your needs.
- Our Blog -

cjscotty
Explorer
Explorer
Did you look at the Pleasureway? The Airstream Interstate you can get a good price on from RV Direct. With that said having driven a RT, Interstate and a Pleasureway, the only one that did not rattle, that looked better and more open on the inside, etc., was the PW. For us the PW would be it hands down. Advanced is going to be MUCH MUCH higher price, you have to decide if that is worth it, unless you have endless money to throw around and wanted something done to your exact specs, etc. But I would look at the Pleasureway also. IF you want to get best value, Era is the way. To us it's very open and pretty inside and the 70X had the most comfortable seats.