cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone Identify This Class C?

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
I can't make out the name on the front. The rear looks like a Lazy Daze but nothing else does.

This is a screenshot from a YouTube video. I posted a comment on the video asking but it'll probably get lost in the other 600+ comments. https://youtu.be/Fjcr8mapmhI?t=2m48s
5 REPLIES 5

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes, sure looks like an Aluma Lite. Logo on the driver side of the cab-over and the paint scheme looks the same.

Nice looking rigs. Thanks all! 🙂

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
alaska315 wrote:
............... Possibly an Alumilite by Holiday Rambler........

I think that’s it. About 1984-85 Aluma Lite.

If Diesel, it will have the 6.9L IH V8 in it.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I think that color scheme was used on the Monitor line by Holiday Rambler.
On edit, looking through google images that scheme was used on all levels, Monitor, Alumalite and Rambler.
-- Chris Bryant

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is our first Class C, 1984 Holiday Rambler Ambassador.
It had aluminum roof made of aluminum sheets, corrugated aluminum sides, and fiberglass front and rear end caps. The aluminum frame WAS a Frame, not just sides but roof too. Only reason we got out of it was the five-foot climb to the very shallow cabover bed. If we'd happened onto one with "bed down" would probably still have it.
Back then, there were three trim levels in the HR Class C, then the Alumalite series. It was also sold under at least one more brand name, McKensie, probably a Canadian name.
Front cap looks like a Holiday of that vintage. Later 80's models had flat fiberglass sides. The giveaway is the REAR Cap. Seems Holiday put it on everything: A's, C's, Trailers. Styled to a slight point, to where there was a horizontal "shelf" below the window(s). Those windows varied from a tiny bathroom window in our rear bath C, to two full windows in some trailers.
Among the best ever built! Today, you'd need a Lazy Daze to match it.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

alaska315
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like an older Holiday Rambler to me, Possibly an Alumilite by Holiday Rambler. Like you, can't make out the front and even blew up the photo to see if it had the aluminum siding but I would definitely put my money on some version of a Holiday Rambler. Awesome rigs with aluminum frame structure. Used to deliver them back in the day, way back.