cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier to Dometic conversion

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
So I finally get my Dometic roof unit dialed in with my Carrier base inside. So I thought. Ac unit runs fine then maybe 3 days into our trip the unit shuts off Carrier board blinks 5 times. ( I think high voltage) is that code. Go outside pull power (yes on a surge protector)and disconnect batteries. Unit clears error from memory ran fine for a day or 2 did the same thing. My rear Carrier unit top and bottom it's all Carrier does not have any issues. I found only one post on the internet someone else was having this problem but nobody had a solution. Any thoughts on this? I checked my power coming in its fine. Am I just going to have to bite the bullet and buy a dometic bottom inside and thermostat?? I am I right saying the board is just not liking the Dometic at some points??? Thank for any input I know the Carrier AC issues since they went out of the RV business have been around. Thanks!!
2007 Damon Daybreak 35.4ft Class A
2001 Georgie Boy 31ft Class C
2003 Coachman Auroa Gold Class A
1995 Coachman Santara Class C
2000 Coachman Pop-up
1988 Dodge Ram Conversion Van
2 REPLIES 2

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
The manual says:
1. Check 115 volt AC power source
Momentarily disconnect 12 VDC power source
Disable compressor malfunction test switch.
Check AMP draw.
Check ? T

Sounds like one of the last 3 might be the issue... Delta T means difference in temperature by the way (the last item)

Thanks. The unit is brand new. I'll check the items you mentioned. Im thinking maybe they don't communicate well Carrier/Dometic. Rear Carrier not giving any fault codes.
2007 Damon Daybreak 35.4ft Class A
2001 Georgie Boy 31ft Class C
2003 Coachman Auroa Gold Class A
1995 Coachman Santara Class C
2000 Coachman Pop-up
1988 Dodge Ram Conversion Van

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The manual says:
1. Check 115 volt AC power source
Momentarily disconnect 12 VDC power source
Disable compressor malfunction test switch.
Check AMP draw.
Check ? T

Sounds like one of the last 3 might be the issue... Delta T means difference in temperature by the way (the last item)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times