cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clooged sink

Jones714
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Winnebago Journey. My kitchen sink is clogged. I disconnected the trap and it was clear. I put in a bottle of liquid draino and nothing. I then roto rootered it with a plumbing snake. I got it down about 6 ft and nothing. I couldn't get it down any further, the end had no junk on it when I retracted it. Still clogged. Any ideas????
33 REPLIES 33

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
A shout out to 'WayneLee'.........his post was spot on while the rest of us went sideways.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Strange things can and do happen, glad you got it fixed!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jones714
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your advice and ideas. I ended up bringing it to a Camping World. It was the flex pipe. The slide grabbed it and put pressure on it. I poured a pot of boiling water down the drain the night it clogged, which is not recommended. With the added pressure on the flex pipe the hot water crimped it so water would not pass. Camping World was able to bring it back to form with a heat gun, then wrapped it in a foam like covering to help protect moving forward.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
A 2012 Winnebago Journey only has two holding tanks. No galley tank.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Air admittance valve is used to keep 'P' traps from getting sucked dry while dump grey waste tank.

You could remove it, cap the stub pipe off and still be able to properly drain the grey waste tank due to tank being vented to roof. Water in 'P' traps could be sucked out but tank will still drain.

When they fail it is that they fail to close allowing odors from grey tank into inside of rig.

If Kitchen sink is only grey that is backing up/don't draining (shower/bathroom sink OK) then must be a 'galley' tank that is FULL.

HEY OP.........

Did you find a dump valve inside wheel well, behind rear wheel, inside a different rearward compartment????
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We don't even have a grey 'only' tank.... we have ONE holding tank for grey AND black.... 189 gallons. The fresh water is also 189 gallons. It just made total sense to me when we were picking out a converter that the one-tank set up was a good thing. Not all converters are the same, very different actually where they put stuff (generators, generator radiators, etc.).

The RV world often says to make sure and put water in the black tank, that a black tank cannot have a enough water, etc. etc. So, that's our set up.... grey and black together.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
My 1987 Itasca Windcruiser had 2 grey water tanks, 1 for shower and the other for the sink and lavatory.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
dieharder wrote:
If he were to fill up the sink and then pull the dump value, would that reveal whether this is indeed a venting issue (providing he has someone to see how well or poorly the sink drained with the dump valve pulled)?

Not likely unless the roof vent is also blocked. If that was the case the suction or vacuum created by the tank draining may actually pull water from the sink AND all the drain traps in the coach. While a quick way to remove the water from the traps when winterizing without the water in the traps fumes and orders from the tank will back up into the coach.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I also have 2 grey tanks in my TT. One for bathroom sink and kitchen, other for shower.

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr.Mark wrote:
As long as I have been on RV.net, I've never heard of anyone ever mention a separate galley holding tank. And the valve for it in a different place? Wow, seems inconvenient to have it plumbed that way.

MM.

I have seen that on trailers, never on a motorhome. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I've never seen one on a motorhome.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
Jones714 wrote:
My grey tank is hooked up to sewer and water is flowing from all other sources. Not sure what you mean by valves. Thanks

Hes not sure what he means too
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
If he were to fill up the sink and then pull the dump value, would that reveal whether this is indeed a venting issue (providing he has someone to see how well or poorly the sink drained with the dump valve pulled)?
1999 Itasca Sunrise

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
As long as I have been on RV.net, I've never heard of anyone ever mention a separate galley holding tank. And the valve for it in a different place? Wow, seems inconvenient to have it plumbed that way.

MM.
My trailer has a separate galley tank. Yes a separate drain fitting about 2' away from the black/grey. The inconvenience to drain is minor compared to the convenience of addition capacity.

That may be the reason why I've never heard of it, I guess it's a '5th wheel, Travel Trailer' thing. Just never heard about it on a class A, C or B.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

hermandutchman
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer has rear kitchen with galley tank behind axle. There is another gray tank in front of axle and then black tank in front of that. All 3 are plumbed to drain in front of axle. I think quality control was on vacation when mine was built because the shower and bath sink were plumbed to black tank and nothing to the gray. Dealer corrected this.