cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash AC spitting out foam bits

Swamp_Rat
Explorer
Explorer
My 03 WH 8.1 Itasca Suncruiser dash AC is spitting out bits of foam of various sizes. Looks like the thin resuable filter material used in some ACs. Do the Workhorse 8.1 have a cabin filter? Don't see anything in manual. Where might that dry rotted foam come from?
Thanks in advance...
4 REPLIES 4

the_armadillo
Explorer
Explorer
I can't say specifically for your WH, but most of the time, that foam is from the seals (like weatherstrip) at the joints in the duct work and at vents. There is also foam seals used at the blend door in most vehicles where the cooled, heated and fresh air is mixed. Common for these foam seals to disintegrate and leak over time.

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Mice maybe??
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
I had the exact thing happen last week on my personal car. It is nothing to worry about at all. Turn your fan on HI and just let it spew out. A help would be to set your AC to bring in outside air and use a leaf blower into the cowl vent to assist in the removal of the foam bits.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had my dash apart and there are no foam ducts used on the WH chassis. On mine the air intake is down on the firewall right in front of the passenger seat. Is there any chance that bits of foam could be ingested at this location? There is no filter.