cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Doing dumb things..

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Have you ever done something really dumb, not just once but twice. I went to storage and picked up my Tradewinds this afternoon (haven't used it for about 3 months because we've been moving) Had a difficult time getting the Gen. to start then when I got it home and parked in front of the house I hit the dump switch, nothing happened. The jack switch wouldn't even light up. I tried everything. Called my mobile repairman, he didn't work on things like that. I just knew mice or rats had gotten into my wiring. I called Coach Net and a repairman said he'd be there in about half hour so I decided to take it to the parking lot at the park we live in, more room to work on it. I started to release the parking brake......guess what, I had forgot to set it. Called the repairman, told him I had solved the problem, then called Coach-Net and cancelled call. Of course I'm the only one who does dumb things like that. First time I did it was about 7 years ago. Aint gonna do it again, I hope !! :S
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
28 REPLIES 28

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
GHOST1750 wrote:
Of course I'm the only one who does dumb things like that. First time I did it was about 7 years ago. Aint gonna do it again, I hope !! :S

For many years the phone number at my office had but 3 digits (9-1-1) so I can tell you with absolute authority.

You are NOT the only one.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
My back up camera monitor is built into the dash. I took it out to have repaired. The repair wasn't done and I took off on a trip. About 1100 miles into the trip, I discovered that I forgot to refasten the dash. It had been lying in place all that time. I guess air ride really does work.

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
When you get old its just normal to forget things. BUT 35 or so years ago I drove the MH and enclosed trailer 300mi to a race and forgot to load the car. Worst case of "forget" I ever had!!!!!

I have heard of racers doing that. Drop the door and shake head. Either that has happened to others, or your story is famous!
1999 Harney Renegade
Mostly used for overnights at the drag strip.

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
When you get old its just normal to forget things. BUT 35 or so years ago I drove the MH and enclosed trailer 300mi to a race and forgot to load the car. Worst case of "forget" I ever had!!!!!

I drove 2 hours to the middle of nowhere to go kayaking and forgot my paddle. I think you have me beat. I don't feel so bad now.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
When camping, we ALWAYS do the "dumb" things twice.

We have to make sure we got it right!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
I figure if you make no mistakes, you must not be doing anything.
1999 Harney Renegade
Mostly used for overnights at the drag strip.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We are starting our TENTH year of fulltiming. We STILL do dumb stuff occasionally. Earlier this week we arrived at the city park in Petosky, Michigan. DH wanted to dump on the way in, so I scouted out our site while he did that. Once he finished, I directed him perfectly into the back-in site. There was a tree to dodge, but all was well. I went in and set up the inside while he did the outside stuff. DH had already put the tag on the post, but I went out to check the post for some stupid reason. I NEVER do that. "horrors" we were in the WRONG site. There was a tiny arrow pointing to the site next door.

The neighbor next to us said, "Well check at the office, they might let you switch." No, we will move. . . no biggie, just four slides and repack everything inside. At least we were only moving over one site, so didn't have to do EVERYTHING. And the site over was a better site with no tree, etc.

Mission accomplished.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
When we had our first coach I was frantic once when the MH would not start. Brand new MH and nothing when I turned the key. Dawned on me after 15 minutes I still had the slide out.
2013 ACE 29.2

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
GHOST1750 wrote:
Have you ever done something really dumb, not just once but twice.

My (present) Husband has been married twice...

I hope you are his third wife. If not, you might want to rethink what you wrote.

Bruce.
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I was so excited to leave on a trip that I almost forgot to unplug my shoreline.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
GHOST1750 wrote:
Have you ever done something really dumb, not just once but twice.

My (present) Husband has been married twice...
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
:B Now I feel better, heard this strange noise the other day and my wife suggested it may be the bats in my belfry !
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I was all ready to drive away, pushed in the big yellow button only to find it would not push in. I held the foot brake, and tried every thing I knew how to, to get the big yellow button to push in.

Then the DW says " is it already in"
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.