cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Driver seat not working - questions

Marv_Hoag
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2000 Monaco the driver seat stop working.
1. Does anyone know if the two wires coming to the chair are a hot and ground. If so, my test light shows nothing.

If the above is the case (no juice), I tried to find the 15A circuit breaker located in the roadside front compartment (called a 12V DC distribution panel). Nowhere in that panel did I see listed the fore mentioned circuit breaker. Really don't know where to go from here.
2000 Monaco Windsor 40
2009 Honda Fit Sport
2012 Chevrolet Equinox
4 REPLIES 4

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem a couple months ago. I had my coach in for service for a few days and when I picked it up to drive home I couldn't get the drivers seat to move at all.

After a fair amount of troubleshooting I discovered that the dealer had hit the "Salesman switch" by the entry door to turn off power so the battery wouldn't run down.

That also shuts off power to the power seats on my rig.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, you have a Positive and a Negative on those wires. Usually, Power seat wiring at the seat is orange and black. The orange is the positive wire. Doug

Marv_Hoag
Explorer
Explorer
Can't find the circuit breaker where the manual says it should be. Need help locating breaker location.

Update - found the circuit breaker, not the problem. Leaning towards the motor. Have absolutely no idea where to get a motor, and don't feel like buying one and finding out that's not the problem. Time for professional help!

Last update - problem solved.

After checking circuit breakers OK could not figure why no power at input harness to chair. Had a dark blue wire and a black w white stripe wire going into harness for power (no power). Peeled shielding and upholstery cover back where it came through floor. Lo and behold a dark blue and white wire coming in. Knew there had to be a connection somewhere in the shielded section. Sure enough one of the connectors had pulled apart in the middle of the run. Hooked everything back together taped it all up and problem solved. Love it when a plan comes together.
2000 Monaco Windsor 40
2009 Honda Fit Sport
2012 Chevrolet Equinox

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Could you reset it?
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy