cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumb Question O The Day! Where's my front panel hood latch?

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
I got up under the dash of my 97 Allegro Bus with a flash light and can't find the latch to the front panel so I can get to the batteries, etc.

Here is a link to a model on a dealer's page exactly like mine.

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1997-Tiffin-Allegro-Bus-32-111966941
Thanks, Kay
4 REPLIES 4

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
I went out this morning and took a better look and found a pull latch under the dash on the right side of the steering column....under where the stereo and a/c is located. I'm pretty sure it must be the hood latch.
Thanks, Kay

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestions. I did feel around the grill under the panel and didn't feel anything. Annoying because I can look right through the grill at the batteries.

I did ask this in the classic section of the Tiffin forum and got one answer which matched jorbill2or's suggestion to look under the driver's seat but I'll have to wait till morning now. It could be there because I vaguely remember the previous owner showed me that the prop to the hood was in that bay.

Thanks again....I'll post back if I find it or not.
Thanks, Kay

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't have a tiffin but sometimes the latch release is in the outside bay below the driver
Bill

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
It could be that there is no interior release? Check at the hood like we did years ago, before people were stealing vehicles, and they put those latches in.

This is just a guess....I don't have a Tiffin, nor have I ever been in one...just making a suggestion, and maybe someone with that model RV will write to you.

Good luck
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets