cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamax Force Super C RV

Pigkisser
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have looked at the new Dynamax Force motorhome while browsing on line. It looks just like the new Jayco Seneca and has the same amenities. Also, I know that the Dynamax DX3 is the same as the old Jayco Embark. So, has Jayco bought out Dynamax, or vice versa?
2007 Jayco Seneca 33SS
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door 4X4 toad
Ready Brute/Ready Brake tow bar/brake combination
Yeti Ice Chest
6 REPLIES 6

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is not unusual for RV manufacturers to sell parts to each other, when one has a manufacturing capabilities the others lack. Or they could be using the same third party supplier.

Practice follows that of the auto industry. In the late 50s and early 60s Chrysler was making seats and interior trim for AMC, and parts like steering gear, air conditioning and transmissions were bought from the same third parties or sold across corporate lines. Sometimes even engines were sold, Studebaker and AMC (and later Chrysler) buying engines from Chevrolet and Pontiac divisions of GM.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Pigkisser
Explorer III
Explorer III
From what I have read, Dynamax did buy the body molds, etc. from Jayco in order to build the DX3. In looking at the Dynamax Force, the front over cab cap looks exactly like the front cap of the new model Seneca. Maybe Jayco is selling them the front caps?
2007 Jayco Seneca 33SS
Yeti Ice Chest

91tiger
Explorer
Explorer
The beds and bunks are smaller in the Dynamax Force than the Seneca. That ful size King bed in the Seneca is the biggest selling point to my wife. The bunks being shorter in the Dynamax is a big deal to me since me and it seems like all my fishing buddies are all taller. The bunks in the bunkhouse seneca are as long as a King sized bed, very comfortable for anybody under 6'6".

az99
Explorer
Explorer
The body style and floor plans of the DX3 look too similar to the Embark to just be a competitor. I bet they bought the body molds etc. from Jayco. Hopefully they did not hire the guys that used to build the Embark.

Pigkisser
Explorer III
Explorer III
I guess you are correct, carringb. It just seems odd, as their specs and looks are almost identical.
2007 Jayco Seneca 33SS
Yeti Ice Chest

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Dynamax is owned by Forest River. I'm sure they wanted to build a competitor.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST