cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Excellent Service at a Hill Truck Sales of South Bend, IN

tmmar
Explorer
Explorer
I have been having an issue with a shimmy/vibration in the front end of my new coach since day 1 when I picked it up at the dealer 10 months ago. I had gone to several places to have it looked at and told Steve of the Freightliner help desk that I was going to the FROG Rally in Goshen. I asked if there was a Freightliner dealer that could take a look at my coach and he made arrangements for me to go to Hill Truck sales in South Bend, Indiana at 1011 Sample Street (574-289-4066 . I arrived early Thursday (7/31) and met up with Jimmy Berridge who is the Body Shop Manager. He had Verdell and John take the coach for a ride and when we returned, they both said that there was definitely a problem. They did a number procedures on the front wheels and determined that the tires were out of round (almost oval shaped). Jimmy then contacted the help desk and told Steve the issue and he said to replace only 1 tire. Jimmy didn't like that idea so he went back to Steve and they agreed to replace both front tires. Jimmy and Laurie made arrangements with a local tire shop to replace the front tires. During this several hour process, Laurie, who is the office manager and warranty support person, kept my wife, who was in the drivers lounge, informed of everything that was happening.
The point of this posting is that if you are ever in the South Bend area and need work done on a Freightliner chassis, be sure to go to Hill Truck Sales in South Bend. Everyone at this facility was extremely knowledgeable and could not have been more friendly, caring and concerned with making sure that everything was just right. They took excellent care of my wife and I while we were there and it looks like the issue has finally been resolved.
2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse
3 REPLIES 3

tmmar
Explorer
Explorer
Scottiemom wrote:
Hill's in South Bend is also open till midnight. The last time we had work done, we picked it up at 9:30 at night. Great group to work with.

Dale

Scottiemom,
Thanks for mentioning that they are open until midnight. I forgot to include that fact. They are open from 7am until midnight Monday through Friday and open on Saturday from 9am to 3pm (not sure if the hours are exactly correct but they are open on Saturday.
2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Hill's in South Bend is also open till midnight. The last time we had work done, we picked it up at 9:30 at night. Great group to work with.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Hill's in South Bend is an excellent service company, wish I could say the same about their Elkhart shop. They act like RVs are the last thing they want to see even if they charge $20+ more per hour. Plan to not return to the shop in Elkhart, South Bend is great.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog