cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh Water Tank Leak

georog
Explorer
Explorer
The fresh water tank in my 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37C (W22 chassis w/30k miles)is leaking. I have removed the access plate (about 1'x4' under driver's side slide) and can see all the fittings, none of which are leaking. It started leaking only when full but now will hold no water. I suspect a crack in the back of the tank (where I can't see) which has enlarged over time. There are actually two tanks connected by a hose. The access hole is too small to remove the tank(s). Is there another way to get them out?
2 REPLIES 2

tomousecap
Explorer
Explorer
Never seen a Fleetwood coach that the water tanks cannot be removed. Difficult, oh yes, but not impossible. You have to remove the componants between the tanks and blocks. Then you should be able to slide one or the other back or forward to slide it out the side opening. Once one is out, the other can be removed through the same side opening. ๐Ÿ™‚
Bob
2007 Fleetwood Bounder - Full Paint 35E
Workhorse 6 Speed 496 Cubic Inch V8 - W22
Ford fans - RPM is a poor substitute for Cubic Inches!
2013 Chev Volt - Towing on a Master Tow Dolly
Gracie = Adopted longhair Amazon Chihuahua

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have an overflow hose on your coach, as do most RV's. Find that overflow hose, which on my Monaco is on the opposite side of the coach. Once you have the overflow hose, plug it off. Then if you have a manual fill valve, which on mine is above the shore water hose connection and allows me to dump 5 gallons of water in from a container. Make sure that hole is plugged or the cap is on tight.
Now you should only have the fill valve, that is used to connect to shore water. With the tank empty, as you say it is, use a fill hose to pressurize your tank with a low pressure and see if you can hear a leak somewhere, or if it will hold pressure of no more than 20 psi. If you hear air escaping try to find the location. If it holds air I would suspect overflow hose siphoning.
The overflow hoses have been known to siphon water out of the fresh water tank on some coaches, which it did on mine. I just left the overflow hose plugged and use my manual fill valve as the vent. No problems since then for the past five years.