cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fumoto / V-10

ljr869
Explorer
Explorer
Just completed a dreaded oil change on the Bounder. The Fumoto valve sure makes it easier and cleaner to drain. However, there is no way (or I haven't found it) to take that filter off without making a mess. 7 quarts of Motorcraft 5W-20 by the way.
Jim
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H
Ford V-10 w/ Banks
17 REPLIES 17

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
ljr869 wrote:
I've read that the Fumoto F-107 fitsthe Chevy 8.1L engine.
Thank You very much for the info! I'm going to order one after the Christmas Season is over.

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Better make sure of your oil capacity, unless you have an oversized oil pan, I think you'll find it id 6 qts.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

ljr869
Explorer
Explorer
I've read that the Fumoto F-107 fitsthe Chevy 8.1L engine.
Jim
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H
Ford V-10 w/ Banks

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
i sometimes knock a hole in it,---the filter and let it drain to, but while its still hot, it comes off relly eaSY. NOW ITS ALL HAPPY-Camping

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
I also use the fumoto valve with a plastic hose attached the tip and drain the oil into a 5 quart oil jug. I then loosen the filter and use a 1 gallon ziplock bag to remove it.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Jim, I wanted to buy a Fumoto Qwik Valve with drain hose for my 8.1 Chevy Vortec but couldn't find any correct way to order it on Fumoto website. There is no Workhorse Chassis or 8.1 Vortec engine (496 C.I.) on there ordering system. I guess it's my loss. Do you know of any Parts Stores that carry them? Thanks, Rooster

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
Flanz, you can use it on a Harley, only cut a gal jug in half length wise and cut the bottom end out and use the bottle end to drain in pan.{ 2004 road glide}

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
Ro646a wrote:
I usually punch a hole is the bottom of the oil filter with a screw driver to drain the filter before I unscrew it. It makes it much easier to control where the oil goes.

Yep

Yep again. Or an ice pick.
jwmII

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ro646a wrote:
I usually punch a hole is the bottom of the oil filter with a screw driver to drain the filter before I unscrew it. It makes it much easier to control where the oil goes.

Yep
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Awww....c'mon! Get your hands dirty! Let folks know you've DONE something!

You can always let Camping World do the job for $84........

RetiredBob
Explorer
Explorer
A question for those with the Fumoto valve: Does it take a lot longer to drain the oil? Even though I run the engine to warm the oil, it still seems to drain very slowly.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I also use the Fumoto drain valve and think its great. I do the shallow pan thing just like ct78barnes and find it works great. Only difference is my V-10 only takes 6 quarts of oil.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
I have the valve two and I got a small pan from wally world it sits on the I beam under the filter. I get it the filter lose and then put the pan under the filter and let the oil drain from the filter then when it slows down I take the filter down in to the pan when it stops dripping I put the new filter on but do not tighten it till I bring the pan down with the old filter . It works for me just be careful when bring it down .