cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How Many Batteries

brioaz22
Explorer
Explorer
Going for a Winnebago 35G...it comes with 2 batteries. How many batteries should I have or is 2 enough?

Thanks to all that responded to my Class A post.
6 REPLIES 6

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 35g has two house batteries and then a chasis battery also. So you'll have a total of 3.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not all batteries are the same. It would heavily depend on the amp hours. It should state the amp hours on the battery.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
As others have posted, the number of "house" batteries depends on how much boondocking you plan to do. Many find that two 6 volt house batteries satisfy their minimum needs. Since you have a gas engine, only one engine battery is normally all you need for the engine.

Our coach has two engine (chassis) batteries and four house batteries. We have a propane frig, stove and furnace.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

DryCamper11
Explorer
Explorer
RayChez wrote:
Gasoline coaches usually have three batteries.
Ours has 1 engine, 4 (6 volts) for coach and one spare for the generator.
In the Boonies!

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Gasoline coaches usually have three batteries. Two for the house part and one for the chassis, to start the engine.

Diesels are different, since diesel engines require a lot more power to crank they usually have two 12volt batteries for the chassis (engine). Then some will have four for the house and two more if it has a residential refrigerator.

I belong to a club that has a bunch of TourMaster coaches and they have three batteries just for the refrigerator, two for the house and two for the chassis.

I believe your coach is a gasoline, so if it was me I think I would want at least two more batteries. One for the chassis, three for the house. That way you could do some dry camping without worrying about the batteries going dead.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
It depends on how the rv is used. If you are going to campgrounds/rv parks with electric hook up you will be fine. For use with no electrical hookup you will want more storage capacity.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad